Re: Snagged a 1968 Volvo 142...

Mulry wrote:
Judge Phil wrote:

Since the K-car has proven to be such a debacle for everyone involved, I feel sort of guilty....

Even with the use of the weasely "sort of," I still don't believe this.

I think Phil is gambling on us being sophisticated enough to be susceptible to reverse psychology.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

I feel slightly guilty about NSF's suffering. I keep telling them, "Hey, touching your tongue to that frozen lamppost will be fun! Do it!" and they keep doing it.

Just a quick update...I just got back from the yard to pay for the car. It is in better shape than I figured it would be. The issue with it not running is just that the clutch is having issues. The engine runs fine, so that is a big plus.

Picking the car up Friday afternoon and everything will begin then.

The folks with the K-car would have been fine if they had stuck with the 2.2 that God, I mean Lee Iaccoca, meant to be in there when he created it on day 8 of Genesis.

You know when the Fairmont came out Car & Driver and Motor trend (and likely some PR flunky at Ford) called it "the American Volvo" and since Dave may not want the straight six in the Billy Beer car once we FINALLY DOMINATE CLASS C, I bet we could swap in a ready to go 200ci Ford six & T5 combo sometime next year.

Constructor/Owner/Driver - Billy Beer Ford Futura

Judge Phil wrote:

Since the K-car has proven to be such a debacle for everyone involved, I feel sort of guilty about encouraging racers to pursue really stupid ideas. Instead, I will encourage them to pursue moderately stupid ideas.

Hey, it's not the Great Leader's problem that the [strikethrough]peons[/strikethrough] hardworking citizens lack the skill to execute on the vision!

Strand83 wrote:

Just a quick update...I just got back from the yard to pay for the car. It is in better shape than I figured it would be. The issue with it not running is just that the clutch is having issues. The engine runs fine, so that is a big plus.

Keep us posted...build thread?  Will be curious to follow this.

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

mechimike wrote:
Strand83 wrote:

Keep us posted...build thread?  Will be curious to follow this.

Yeah I'll get a build thread going once I get it in the garage.

33 (edited by chrisbcritter 2013-10-11 02:39 AM)

My ex-boss has a '70 142 (orange!) that needs all the side trim and clips - too bad he's my ex-boss or we could've got you below the magic $500 level. You might want to try to sell it anyway - I spent months searching for the stuff and never found any.