Topic: Trophy

As the season comes to a close there's one question remaining about the Super K.

Who gets the trophy?

Prior owners should chime in.

This space for rent.

Re: Trophy

Don't look at me.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

Should be placed in a spot of honor at Lemons HQ until the Lemons Hall of Fame opens.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

BoB wrote:

Should be placed in a spot of honor at Lemons HQ until the Lemons Hall of Fame opens.

This. But I bet Jay doesn't want it either.

Give it to Alex. I think he's gonna have the most miles in it, albeit mostly on the highway,  even if I make the whole Fla-NH-RA trip I'll only have 4400 highway mile and 20 laps in anger... so far anyway.  Im hoping for more in the next few weeks..... fingers crossed.

51 time Loser.

Whos gonna end up with the car??

51 time Loser.

I heard it was going to be flipped on its roof and left in Bob's yard.

Dangerous Banned Technology (NOLA 09), Judges Choice (Houston 2010), Organizers Choice (NOLA 2010), Most Heroic Fix (Dallas 2010), $100 from Jay's Pocket (Dallas 2010), Dangerous Homemade Technology (NOLA 2010), Ununhexium Legends of Lemons Status,  Index of Effluency (Dallas 2011), Most Heroic Fix - (Houston 2011), Index of Effluency (TWS - 2012), Organizers Choice (Dallas 2013)

Since Steve doesn't seem to want it, I agree that Alex's irrational love for the K makes him the next obvious choice. Most of us who dealt with the K once and said "enough!" but he kept coming back for more.
Other candidates:

• Lemons HQ (as suggested above);

• pollute Judge Phil's office with it;

• Editorial offices of Car & Driver

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

Wrap in large brown paper bag. Set on fire. On Lee Iacoccas porch.

51 time Loser.

https://scontent-a-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1380444_4963414982095_1309891237_n.jpg

The K is race ready, again, except the shifter linkage is kludged on the transmission.  Is this the way it has been?  There is no keeper clip that holds it on?

Anyway, here is the trophy.

This space for rent.

It got cludged some time between getting towed off of The track at MSR and its drop off to NSF Coonass in Lousiana.

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

I'll fix it it this weekend and road test it and get arrested and that will be the end if the Super K - impounded, no one buys it at auction.... becomes low quality toasters in China.

I tallied my hands-on involvement in this project. Facepalm.

7,395 tow miles
Two donor engine pulls
Five engine swaps
Wrenching at six races

If it turns a lap at Sears Point I'll feel fulfilled in very hollow victory kinda way... probably the same way Chrysler engineers felt in the mid-eighties.

'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

Get a couple fender washers with a small enough hole for the end of the cable not to fit through. Cut a slice in both of them so they slide over the cable, and put them on the other side of the fork. Hold in place with zip ties, because we tried using a bolt last time, and the K apparently rejected such a "permanent" solution.

If the shifter cable is goofed up in the way that I'm thinking, then you need new bushings. A friend of mine makes urethane replacement bushings for various FWD Mopars. They work well and are pretty cheap. BoogerBushings to the rescue! I could try to beg him for a set if you guys think it will fix the problem.

http://www.boogerracing.com/boogerbushings.html

Team Co-Craptain, Los Cerdos Voladores
Plymouth Neon
Yeah, we're horrible...but we're LEAST Horrible

widgetsltd wrote:

If the shifter cable is goofed up in the way that I'm thinking, then you need new bushings. A friend of mine makes urethane replacement bushings for various FWD Mopars. They work well and are pretty cheap. BoogerBushings to the rescue! I could try to beg him for a set if you guys think it will fix the problem.

Beg.  The K can use all the help it can get....

51 time Loser.

widgetsltd wrote:

I bet it the shifter side bushing. The trans side one was customized and, while appearing a bit wonky.seems to work. Think your guy could shoot us a set?  We'd need it by Sat if possible. It's a '91 v6 rated 5sp.

Steve, do you have an itinerary yet? If so shoot it my way.   I'll ce to MCO and retrieve your ass.

Oh, so the crap we put together on the clutch lever was still attached? I guess I feel a little better now.

SpaceFrank wrote:

Oh, so the crap we put together on the clutch lever was still attached? I guess I feel a little better now.

No, we fixed it like you guys did and it lasted long enough to move it around the lot.   We can
'fix' it again, but I'd like to leave it in better shape for Rally Baby. That, and the fact that Steve and I are driving up (no trailer) to them from FLA.

DC Doug wrote:

Steve, do you have an itinerary yet? If so shoot it my way.   I'll ce to MCO and retrieve your ass.

Arrive MCO 8:20pm next Tuesday.....

I'll have a checked bag or 2 (race gear, large bottle of pain killers, seat padding, list of suicide prevention hotline numbers.... etc) so if you roll up around 8:45ish, I should be ready to roll.

51 time Loser.

DC Doug wrote:
SpaceFrank wrote:

No, we fixed it like you guys did and it lasted long enough to move it around the lot.   We can
'fix' it again, but I'd like to leave it in better shape for Rally Baby. That, and the fact that Steve and I are driving up (no trailer) to them from FLA.

So you decided to come with??  You are a true K lover, or glutton for punishment...  You realize it's gonna be like 30 hours strait of pure hell right? 24ish hours of nothing but driving....

Sucka!!

51 time Loser.

21 (edited by DC Doug 2013-10-17 10:34 AM)

Meh, I towed solo from Thunderhill to Florida last month in two and a half days.   Florida to Philly is nothing. Philly to NH the next day is only like four more hours.