Re: COABM Manifesto

Is life so dear, or bacon so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me meat choice or give me death!

jimmy.shearer wrote:
Sir Thomas Crapper wrote:

Where is turkey bacon in your manifesto?

Bacon?  no. 
Turkey.  Technically, yes.
Pretty tasty!!!

There is absolutely nothing tasty about turkey bacon. It is neither bacon, nor can it still be called turkey after being pounded into a bacon-like shape and painted with chemicals to attempt to pass it off as a bacon-like thing. It is a cardboard flavored abomination that belongs on no breakfast plate anywhere. Just sayin.

Where's my damn "thumbs up" or "like" button?

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

mechimike wrote:
jimmy.shearer wrote:

Bacon?  no. 
Pretty tasty!!!

There is absolutely nothing tasty about turkey bacon. It is neither bacon, nor can it still be called turkey after being pounded into a bacon-like shape and painted with chemicals to attempt to pass it off as a bacon-like thing. It is a cardboard flavored abomination that belongs on no breakfast plate anywhere. Just sayin.

Where's my damn "thumbs up" or "like" button?

No kidding.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

Goetta, hash do belong on a plate tho

jimmy.shearer wrote:

Bacon?  no. 
Pretty tasty!!!

Turkey bacon is the Ross Perot of this campaign.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

I think this whole movement is short sited.   I feel no meat that is worth anything should be limited to any specific meal.  If your meat is that good than it should be able to be eaten in some form for breakfast lunch dinner and desert.  This is one of Bacon's strong suits because besides eating it by itself, it also compliments other food, and can be used as a component in even in deserts or salads.

Of course you should be looking at other meats for breakfast like the classic steak and eggs.  Also about a month ago I had a beef brisket hash that I have been dreaming about ever since. 

So any meat that is only good for one meal is simply an inferior meat.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

I'm bringing Goetta and some corned beef hash as our breakfast meats followed by some sausage, bacon, beef and others as support foods

SeldomSeen wrote:

As long as its a nice bacon lake.....mmmmmmmmm....
How does the "Manson-Nixon" line relate to the Ihop-Waffle House line?
I might be up for this snake-bacon thing...

http://www.thenervousbreakdown.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Nixon-and-Manson.jpg

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

Corned beef hash might be my all-time favorite breakfast meat.  Although technically, it's not 100% meat.  Hash n' Eggs is one of my go-to diner breakfasts. 

I was in Buffalo, NY last week and had Shawarma and eggs at Amy's, a little cafe on Main street just outside of town from Canisius college.  Highly recommended.

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

Bacon is so good that vegetarians call it a gateway meat....
Turkey bacon IS an abomination.
Its just turkey lips n assholes....flavored like cardboard.. probly invented by Al Gore... Simply awful.

Captain of the Speedholes Wrenching #365 1965 Rambler Marlin and owner of the "Cockroach 454 Chevy Bigblock". Collector Emeritus of awful crapcans.
Earned every finish with Blood, Sweat, Tears,  Smoked brakes,dead wheelbearings, two blower explosions, and a never-ending thirst for more fuel. Finished em all! Currently hiding in a secret base in the shadow of the "Race to the Clouds".

Have Goetta it's a Cincinnati Ohio thing comprised of pork and oats made into a patty fried crisp. It's a German thing

While I do love me some bacon for breakfast, it may come as a surprise to some that I also love that kissing-cousin piggy-product known as sausage. Oh yes, it's like crumbly meaty form-able bacon...

I've been known to overload my killer biscuits and gravy with a heavy mix of Italian & hot sausage.... add lots of pepper and salt... MMmmm... But what really sets it apart is the half pound of bacon I add to it, and fry the sausage in its rendering, and then make the roux from.

FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC.

Just yesterday I took some Costco Cheese & Broccoli soup the in-laws gave us, and added half a dozen strips of crispy bacon. But what REALLY set it off was taking a handful of wavy frozen french fries and frying them in the bacon grease, then adding them to the soup for body/texture.

FREAKING DY-NO- MITE'!! (drools)

......Wait, what the hell are we arguing about?

THIS MEANS WAR! (I think)

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

3Pe and sparky Pete...  I don't know you but your officially in the coalition!!!  I am especially glad to see you mixing meats.   There is nothing wrong with corned beef hash!  Add bacon to a pork roll sandwich and I'm in!!!

This gottea stuff sounds like scrapple...  I would love to trade some for scrapple and see how similar or differnt they are!!

Jeff
Three Pedal Mafia
Ombudsman - Coalition of Alternate Breakfast Meats

I'll bring some to ra, I also like animals from the woods for breakfast nothings better than squirrel gravy or deer omelette I live in the hills of Appalachia so as such we raise our own pigs chicken and goats hunt way and farm lol

And for technical reasons for you, Goetta is a sausage you slice where scappe is pudding

USAF wench wrote:

Hmmm.

How about guinea pig bacon, with country-style peruvian potatoes on the side?

Qui!   Yes, I loved it, but I don't think there was much that could be called bacon on the carcass.   I'm still trying to find some place in Southern California that serves Qui.   But you can occasionally find peruvian potatoes in Los Angeles.

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
IOE winner in the Super Snipe -- Buttonwillow 2012
IOE winner in Super Snipe v2.0 -- Buttonwillow 2016
"Every Super Snipe in Lemons has won an IOE!"

If I'm going Peruvian  I love me  some beef Lomo (with potatoes  of course) ...  Here in jersey all we need is a trip to the hood and Peruvian is easy to get...  I've never looked for qui but if I happen to see it I've always wanted to give it a shot...

See unlike those bacon bitches who refuse to try something new...  I'm willing to experiment!!

Jeff
Three Pedal Mafia

If I'm going Peruvian  I love me  some beef Lomo (with potatoes  of course) ...  Here in jersey all we need is a trip to the hood and Peruvian is easy to get...  I've never looked for qui but if I happen to see it I've always wanted to give it a shot...

See unlike those bacon bitches who refuse to try something new...  I'm willing to experiment!!

Jeff
Three Pedal Mafia

Or.....perhaps tried a bunch of other things...and came back to the fav.

Captain of the Speedholes Wrenching #365 1965 Rambler Marlin and owner of the "Cockroach 454 Chevy Bigblock". Collector Emeritus of awful crapcans.
Earned every finish with Blood, Sweat, Tears,  Smoked brakes,dead wheelbearings, two blower explosions, and a never-ending thirst for more fuel. Finished em all! Currently hiding in a secret base in the shadow of the "Race to the Clouds".

I feel like I am somewhere between these sides.  Sort of a Switzerland thing.

I like bacon if it the only breakfast meat available.  However, Sausage is where it is at!

Ham is next if I can't get sausage.

I feel the same way about sausage as most of the others feel about bacon.

Rob R.

Turkey bacon is fucking gross.

Ghetto motorsports - Car #555 1980 Mazda RX7 (3x winner of BFE GP / 1x 2nd place of BFE GP...BOO!)
Car #350 78 Chevy Malibu (Least horrible Yank Tank, Heroic Fix) (Gone)
Car # 556 1987 Mazda RX7 (6th place MMC 2013) (1st place Capitol Offense 2013)

I need to add something to my last post.

Turkey - anything that is not just normal turkey...    Is fucking gross.

Ghetto motorsports - Car #555 1980 Mazda RX7 (3x winner of BFE GP / 1x 2nd place of BFE GP...BOO!)
Car #350 78 Chevy Malibu (Least horrible Yank Tank, Heroic Fix) (Gone)
Car # 556 1987 Mazda RX7 (6th place MMC 2013) (1st place Capitol Offense 2013)

wvumtnbkr wrote:

I need to add something to my last post.

"Turkey - anything that is not just normal turkey...    Is fucking gross".

Quoted for truth!!!

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

bacon is america.

go ahead and love your spam... fucking terrorists

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

YES! Bacon lovers UNITE!!!! The rest of yall can go sit at FT GITMO! Where I believe bacon is also somewhat unpopular...

tSoG wrote:

bacon is america.

go ahead and love your spam... fucking terrorists

You know who else liked to accuse people of terrorism??

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.