Re: Super K Basketcase: Needed Repairs and Poorly Considered Advice

Direct quote from my parts guy "who in the hell would be driving that".

Maverick if your reading this, I just order both types of calipers (single pin and double) a master cylinder (I know you said you might be bringing one, but I can easily return mine) and the front hoses.  I tried to order the prop. valve as well, but it's not availible, so that pretty much gaurentees that's going to be the problem.  Pray for snow!

jimthefirst wrote:

Beer, Cheese, and Domination!!!!1!!

I'd settle for Beer & Cheese

Mike
Hong Norrth
#39 TRON Gray/Orange MX-3, aka "Sumbich"

Judge Phil wrote:
mechimike wrote:
Judge Phil wrote:

Jay has already outlawed RWD conversions on the K-car.

Why?

Because, I'm assuming, any team that would want to race the K-car is also the kind of team that would do a super-hoopty hack job involving zip-ties for suspension mounts and so forth. I suppose if someone that Jay trusts to do the swap correctly offered to do it and provided lots of documentation of how the fabrication would work, he might OK the idea.

Keep in mind that, after something like 12 races, the K has yet to pass the tech inspection on the first attempt. That does not inspire confidence about a RWD conversion.

Hey, at T-Hill it passed with flying colors!

(after we put numbers on it. . .  details, details)

willy1959 wrote:

on the brake issue, has anyone looked at the condition of the rubber line that goes from hardline to caliper? had a similar issue on an old mg midget,  the line got old and weak, and once used it would almost shut off, and then slowly get its shape back and let fluid come back out.

I thought of the same and looked.  The soft lines are new-ish, hardware still shiny.  It doesn't mean that they are in good shape though after so many race'n and drive'n miles.

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

tnti15 wrote:

Can you please tell me what year this car is?  PS, secret weapons are in, lets just hope everything is nitto in wisconsin this weekend.  PSS pray for snow, and the k  will dominate!  PSSS, I hope the bolts are 12x1.5, the hubs are stock right?

The engine and entire subframe including the suspension/brakes, etc is all 1991 Dodge Daytona - v6, non-turbo.

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

Maverick74 wrote:
DC Doug wrote:
Bayley wrote:

I can't help you much on the suspension or brakes,  our setup is cheatastically different.

I can help you with that Mitsubishi motor though. I know that motor pretty well inside and out.  I've got a box full of spare external motor parts (sensors,  distributor,  throttle body,  etc.)  Feel free to drop by our trailer if you need anything.

I've also got all the wiring diagrams for this engine printed up and keep them in the trailer as well.  This really helped us trouble shoot some electrical issues we had back in April at Gingerman.

So feel free to drop by the  #92 Sundance.  I can even help you run a timing light on that car as well.

Steve McD, Maverick74 and Anton... got that?

Yep, bug the Unified Partnership of Pentastar guys when stuff goes wrong.

I say we just park it in the paddock spot all day on Friday

51 time Loser.

fabtoys wrote:

One of the distributors  was $150 new  I put in and the coil.

That distributor seems to have been tossed with the blown motor.  Along with the new timing set, oil pump and water pump that we put in in TX.

51 time Loser.

willy1959 wrote:

on the brake issue, has anyone looked at the condition of the rubber line that goes from hardline to caliper? had a similar issue on an old mg midget,  the line got old and weak, and once used it would almost shut off, and then slowly get its shape back and let fluid come back out.

Brand new lines all around in June.

51 time Loser.

tnti15 wrote:

Can you please tell me what year this car is?  PS, secret weapons are in, lets just hope everything is nitto in wisconsin this weekend.  PSS pray for snow, and the k  will dominate!  PSSS, I hope the bolts are 12x1.5, the hubs are stock right?

Its not gonna snow. What did u do? Buy some all terrains??

Its an 86. Seems everyone thinks its an 87...
Rear is stock. Front is stock 91 Daytona.

51 time Loser.

How are the rear wheel cylinders?  How old, were they bled in June when the lines were done?

As far as I know they are completely undisturbed from 1986.... i dont think the rears even work. There are new shoes in the car, donated by Tetanus long ago that have yet to make their way onto the car. Im not sure we should open that can of worms.... nothing good can come from it.

51 time Loser.