Re: Road America - Finally!

Hmm... That's pretty cool.  Thanks Phil.

@Racin_G73 - that's good to know.  I forgot to record video, and we only had spotters in two parts of the track, so it's nice to know my other drivers were staying clean and not driving like asshats.

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

TeamLemon-aid wrote:

Thanks.  We are all reasonable drivers, but our last guy is a bonified freak.  He was clicking off 3:02's  at the end of Sunday with vibrating brakes and with a 325e motored BMW.  We might have 130HP (220K mile engine), and the K car and the pink station wagon could pull us in the straights.   He really made up time.  I never got under a 3:09 with a more fresh car.

yeah we (pink wagon) could pull you in the straights... but I knew better than to try and hold you guys up anywhere in the curves. tried to give point bys wherever possible. another shout out goes to the Sheen Machine guys... that little Honda is pretty fast!

we ran consistent 3:16s and then our one nutso driver pulled a 3:12 out of thin air for one glorious lap.

fwiw, I think our car was running about 80% on Saturday (didnt have enough fuel pump for the top 1/5 of the rpm range) and then ran at about 70% on sunday (amazing what a loose battery terminal will do)

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?

derekste wrote:
TeamLemon-aid wrote:

Thanks.  We are all reasonable drivers, but our last guy is a bonified freak.  He was clicking off 3:02's  at the end of Sunday with vibrating brakes and with a 325e motored BMW.  We might have 130HP (220K mile engine), and the K car and the pink station wagon could pull us in the straights.   He really made up time.  I never got under a 3:09 with a more fresh car.

yeah we (pink wagon) could pull you in the straights... but I knew better than to try and hold you guys up anywhere in the curves. tried to give point bys wherever possible. another shout out goes to the Sheen Machine guys... that little Honda is pretty fast!

we ran consistent 3:16s and then our one nutso driver pulled a 3:12 out of thin air for one glorious lap.

fwiw, I think our car was running about 80% on Saturday (didnt have enough fuel pump for the top 1/5 of the rpm range) and then ran at about 70% on sunday (amazing what a loose battery terminal will do)

I was expecting you guys to run out of tires on Sunday after seeing the state of then on Saturday night.

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

A 3:12 in that car is truly impressive.  Wow.

derekste wrote:
TeamLemon-aid wrote:

In case you were wondering how close the race was and what strategies the top teams followed, I tried to decipher it on Hooniverse.

It's still a bit head-scratching, but it's pretty incredible to see how four teams arrived at almost the exact same conclusion (60 seconds' separation) over 14-1/2 hours of racing.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Great article. Shows how lucky we were to win.  So many things had to go right.

Brett85p wrote:

I was expecting you guys to run out of tires on Sunday after seeing the state of then on Saturday night.

yeah, we did that for sure... conclusion: the yokohoma s.drive is NOT a racing tire, and that turbostationwagonracecars need at least -1* of camber (if not much much more). wonder if they'll honor some kind of warranty... new to shot in 400 miles! (-:

TeamLemon-aid wrote:

A 3:12 in that car is truly impressive.  Wow.

and like I mentioned I think the car had a little bit more in it! thanks for the kudos

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?