Topic: Residual value-

I think I remember reading somewhere that returning Lemons cars get a residual value assigned.  I searched and couldn't find anything specific.  Can anybody shed some light?  Thanks,

-Matt

30 Time Loser with Class C, Index of Effluency, I got Screwed and Heroic Fix Trophies who usually races, according to Car and Driver, The Greatest Road Racing Cherokee in History.

Check out our FB Page and follow our various exploits.

Re: Residual value-

4.8: Residual Value: Dumb enough to bring the same pile back for another race? Either do the whole BS process again (bring all your papers and evidence--we ain't gonna remember your sad-sack story from last time), or email the Chief Perp to beg a residual value. Include clear post-race pix of the car and list any major mechanical stuff that needs fixing.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

Doh!  Thanks.

-Matt

30 Time Loser with Class C, Index of Effluency, I got Screwed and Heroic Fix Trophies who usually races, according to Car and Driver, The Greatest Road Racing Cherokee in History.

Just email Jay and tell him about all the stuff you broke, with photos, etc. There's no big rush.

MurileeMartin wrote:

Just email Jay and tell him about all the stuff you broke, with photos, etc. There's no big rush.

Will do, thanks.  Basically, we want to do a couple mods (rear disc brake swap, etc) after learning what works and doesn't work at TH and don't want to run afoul of the Judges.  It'd just be nice to know where we stand currently so we can stay under that magic $500 mark.

-Matt

That reminds me...how would the judges look at a disc brake swap?  Part safety, part performance?  On post race inspection, it looks like our rear drums weren't really doing, well, anything.  This backs up my seat of the pants feel from the race; under hard braking it felt like the ass end was trying to pass the front.

-Matt

# 4.2: Safety Equipment DOES NOT Count Toward $500 Total: Safety equipment described in Section 3 DOES NOT count toward the $500 total. "Safety" refers to things that can save the driver--not things that can save the car.

o 4.2.1: Beside the items and processes listed in Section 3, the following are considered safety-related and therefore exempt:
                + Wheels, tires, and brake components

I read that as you can spend whatever you feel like it on brakes.
Course i suspect that if you show up with massive 17" eight-pot brembos the rest of the car will probably be judged rather harshly.

Brakes are free.  Do what you wish.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

I've seen a team or two show up with BAER brakes up front. Team Size Matters is running Viper Calipers up front and have redone their whole brake system a half-dozen times and nobody gives them any crap at all. You're safe Cherokee dudes.

TeamPettyCash wrote:

That reminds me...how would the judges look at a disc brake swap?  Part safety, part performance?  On post race inspection, it looks like our rear drums weren't really doing, well, anything.  This backs up my seat of the pants feel from the race; under hard braking it felt like the ass end was trying to pass the front.

-Matt

Brakes don't get counted in the 500-buck budget. Spend away!