Topic: 2010 24 Hours of Lemons Season Predictions

You get the idea.

My predictions? A Datsun/Nissan Z will never win the race, the penalties will get worse and the whining will only increase.

You?

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

2 (edited by Spank 2009-11-30 09:55 AM)

Re: 2010 24 Hours of Lemons Season Predictions

If the current 50% ballot rules stand, nobody will get voted the People's Curse [without literally aiming for it].

I predict a LeCar will make an appearance, and yes, the whining will increase.

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

Jay will find that claiming cars will be quite profitable and will claim cars as they come through Tech.

Jonny Will get married and there will be a massive Cake for him to drive through the pits. (This one might be a reality)

Murilee will get the camera he has always dreamed of. One that takes high res shots and runs a full two days without batteries and has so much memory that he never has to worry about missing that perfect action photo. OH Yea and its indestructible. 

Toyota MR2s will stop blowing head gaskets and will finally win a nickle or two.

Team: V-Ram/Altamont Team: Knights of the Round Track/Reno/Buttonwillow/Thunderhill Team: Death Mobile/Sears 2010/Thunderhill/ChumpCar  Spokane/ MSR Houston/Buttonwillow/Sears. MRolla Project /Reno
http://stickfigureracing.blogspot.com/

I predict I will get voted People's Curse at the next event I attend because of my above statement...

The peoples curse goes to simple highest vote getter gets crushed with no votes counting as a vote for no crushing.

Agree 100% with Jonny.

I predict a Cadillac will make it into the Top 10...

TEAM RRT JOKER wrote:

Oooh... You are either an enlightened profit or a genuine Nostradumbass.

Time will tell.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

I hope to see a Z win in 2010, preferably mine.  I know all this wishful thinking/dreaming is really a result of excess exhaust inhalation.

I do predict an increase in applications for races.

I predict a serious New Years Eve bash at Palm Beach.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

I predict that the Metro-Gnome style swaps will become more common and someone will try, but unfortunately fail to build a twin engine monster.

Oh, the judges will get really cranky by mid-season with 23 races on the schedule.  That's a LOT of whiny drivers to put up with.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

I predict "global whining" will lead to polar bears floating on tiny icebergs into Lake Michigan and eating a spectator at the Gingerman race.

-- John Robertson / Schumacher Taxi Service

Know more about a Craptation, coROLLa and BMW than I ever wanted to!
Stafford 08, CMP Spring/Fall 09, Stafford 09, Nelson Ledges 09, CMP Winter 10, VIR Chump 10, IOE Winning Craptation CMP Spring 2010, and lots more

Judge Jonny wrote:
TEAM RRT JOKER wrote:

Time will tell.

...Id go with the dumbass...lol.  but the caddy is improving!!

2010?  Hoonage, lots of it.

Fall South 09- 23rd place
Southern Discomfort '10 Magnum PU- 5th place
Spring South '10- 1st...... LOSER!

A LS7R powered Datsun/Nissan Z car. Diesel powered car to win a race.

i hope to see more fun cars, as in metrognomes, z600's, rotary powered subaru brats with mazda suspension....oh wait, whoops.

motor swaps/suspension swaps need to happen more.  swaps that make no sense in cars that should never see a racetrack needs to happen more.

Mike Peters
Former rotary brat pioneer.
3.17.08 Jalopnik Hoon of the day.  #hasbeen
1984 Dodge Rampage, A few SHO engines, a Mustang 8.8, and a lot of hot glue going on now.

A Nissan Z WILL win.

That is all.

i predict someone will get the balls to enter a Z32, and an epic controversey will start over the Z for Zero policy. Will it win? probably not. It'll likely make it into the top 10 but get stuffed on a trailer for penalties.

I predict we will have not 1 but 2 Lemons corvettes run this year. one will generate big debates, the other will quell the debate when it's GM small block blows up 1/4 of the way through the race.

Troy wrote:

I hope to see a Z win in 2010, preferably mine.  I know all this wishful thinking/dreaming is really a result of excess exhaust inhalation.

I do predict an increase in applications for races.

I predict a serious New Years Eve bash at Palm Beach.

watch out for Black Sheep Racing.....  Z Car smile

whatever it was i didn't do it
dorifto dogs E30 - gone but not forgotten

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

A six wheeled toyota truck will complete a lap in Houston!

Team Apex Vinyl: 1977 Toyota Truck
Gator-O-Rama 2009 Dangerous Banned Technology
Yee-Haw 2011 Index Of Effluency
Gator-O-Rama 2012 I Got Screwed

Great thread

My thoughts............ 

many Z's will try and fail..even epic cheater ones
more metronome style conversions... (they're just too cool)
less E30's (there's just too many of them)
more american iron with V8's (cause they sound good..old cop cars are good)

and my #1 prediction............................

the 928 estate-SB will actually finish a race with a running engine!!!  (the rest of the car might fall apart around it..but dammit the engine BETTER last)

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

TEAM RRT JOKER wrote:
Judge Jonny wrote:
TEAM RRT JOKER wrote:

Time will tell.

...Id go with the dumbass...lol.  but the caddy is improving!!

Now I believe there will be a 94 Sweet Sweet badass Seville in the top 10 come June

----------------------------------------------
Team Pimpalicous
94 Cadillac Seville SLS DOA 10 Capital Offense
87 325 Convertible

I predict a stress induced heart attack around May by trying to get this Wartburg built the way I want it in time for stage one of the trifecta of crap.

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

Jeff G 78 wrote:

I predict that the Metro-Gnome style swaps will become more common and someone will try, but unfortunately fail to build a twin engine monster.

Agreed, a twin engined neon or civic has to be on the horizon. Its just too easy.

Just another crappy BMW and moto-powered MR2: http://www.facebook.com/BlackIronRacing
Gnome money, Gnome problems. (RIP) http://www.facebook.com/MetroGnomeRacing

This is the year for a Volkswagen win.

1988 VW Scirocco

I predict the bs judges will get their robes in a bunch when asked to prove they know  what they are talking about by doing a few laps in an ill handling crap can.  The first judge tries to enter the track going out the 'pit in', again.  The other judge immediately scores a trifecta by passing under the yellow, hitting another crap can and running off the track. After that, the boys in black are as nice as kittens.

sawinatthewheel...sometimes too much, sometimes not enough...just like life