26 (edited by YesIFit 2009-12-01 09:37 AM)

Re: 2010 24 Hours of Lemons Season Predictions

My $.02...

- a Z or MR2 will win
- a car with an automatic will win
- an AWD car will win
- an eclipse/talon/laser will not blow up
- the V12 out of the S600 will magically reappear in something
- someone will run a 929/Legend/Diamante
- someone will try and enter either a SVT Focus or Contour
- each of the 23 races will have at least one ifb_mole themed entry

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

"Too easy" model cars will get statutory minimum BS laps or will be subject to race acceptance quotas.

Lamest Day returns.

Most Laps prize money will be diverted to Best Theme prize money.

Near-Orbital Space Monkeys
#528 BMW 528e 121hp Black "Saturn 5" Rocket car with orange foam flames. Sold.
#71 Yellow Fox Mustang. For sale.

I predict a British car will live up to it's potential.

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

Our First "Lemons Induced" divorce perhaps?

FreeRange wrote:

You mean that hasn't already happened?  My wife was ready to kill me for the hundreds of hours I spent building my car, but once she got to the track, she had a blast.  In fact, she really wants to join the team as a driver in 2010.  I'm not sure if that's a good idea or not.  She's never driven fast and she gets carsick if I pull over .5 Gs on an onranp.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

PAH! Awesome will happen.

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

Jeff G 78 wrote:
FreeRange wrote:

You mean that hasn't already happened?  My wife was ready to kill me for the hundreds of hours I spent building my car, but once she got to the track, she had a blast.  In fact, she really wants to join the team as a driver in 2010.  I'm not sure if that's a good idea or not.  She's never driven fast and she gets carsick if I pull over .5 Gs on an onranp.

Mine almost happened - twice. 

Once - We were coming back from CMP Spring '09 and she got left for an hour at a rest stop - I thought she was asleep in the back seat of the truck.  My cell was dead and the police had to intercept us. 

Second - Through circumstances entirely within my control - she ended up driving another Schumacher Taxi Service car at the Lamest Day.  So we were actually on different teams at the race.  The fact that it was our 10th wedding anniversery that weekend was a secondary factor.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

RobL wrote:

Once - We were coming back from CMP Spring '09 and she got left for an hour at a rest stop - I thought she was asleep in the back seat of the truck.  My cell was dead and the police had to intercept us.

WTF, it's like a real life version of Joe Dirt.

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

RobL wrote:
Jeff G 78 wrote:
FreeRange wrote:

Second - Through circumstances entirely within my control - she ended up driving another Schumacher Taxi Service car at the Lamest Day.  So we were actually on different teams at the race.  The fact that it was our 10th wedding anniversery that weekend was a secondary factor.

now that's funny right there, i don't care who you are!!!!!!!

whatever it was i didn't do it
dorifto dogs E30 - gone but not forgotten

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

LTDScott wrote:
RobL wrote:

WTF, it's like a real life version of Joe Dirt.

Yeah, middle of the night, I looked back and the blankets/pillow looked like she was there. 

Cop: Is it just the two of you?
Me: No, my wife is in the back.
Cop: Are you sure?

:palmslap:

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

36 (edited by mharrell 2009-12-01 05:05 PM)

"Sparky" Pete wrote:

You meant to put "as always" at the end of that, right?

Mike Harrell

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

571 penalties will set the new standard for California drivers to overcome.  700 penalties will be the goal by the Arse-Freeze in Buttonwillow!

The Cannonball Bandits | Facebook Fan Page | Unununium Medal Winners 2010
3X Organizer's Choice Winner 2010 - Sears Pointless, Goin' For Broken, Arse Sweat-A-Palooza
1X Organizer's Choice Winner 2011 - Arse Sweat-A-Palooza

craznoe wrote:

571 penalties will set the new standard for California drivers to overcome.  700 penalties will be the goal by the Arse-Freeze in Buttonwillow!

Nope, Can't do it, we cannot handle that many penalties.  Just keep your car on the black stuff, don't hit other cars and keep your eyes up looking for those yellow flags...    @ about 300 penalties we will just start parking offenders until the track is empty,easy.

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'

Evil Genius wrote:

@ about 300 penalties we will just start parking offenders until the track is empty,easy.

Now you're talking a-speakin' my language.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

I predict an SVX will win

I'm just making predictions here....  Don't shoot the messenger!

The Cannonball Bandits | Facebook Fan Page | Unununium Medal Winners 2010
3X Organizer's Choice Winner 2010 - Sears Pointless, Goin' For Broken, Arse Sweat-A-Palooza
1X Organizer's Choice Winner 2011 - Arse Sweat-A-Palooza

mharrell wrote:
"Sparky" Pete wrote:

You meant to put "as always" at the end of that, right?

Mike Harrell

The Killer (mg)B was doing quite well at the last arse freeze, till it and a honda attempted to occupy the same track space and the B rolled.

The TR7 had (gasp) brake issues (shock!).

Bobnova wrote:

The Killer (mg)B was doing quite well at the last arse freeze, till it and a honda attempted to occupy the same track space and the B rolled.

The TR7 had (gasp) brake issues (shock!).

Yup-- as the owner of two MGs (a B and a Metro) I'd call that fully living up to their potential as British cars.

Mike Harrell

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

I'm the proud owner of a tr7, i can't imagine trying to race with stock brakes.  They're terrible, and by terrible i mean really really underpowered.
With volvo calipers on the front (drill new holes, presto!) and the proportioning valve removed entirely they stop RIGHT NOW, for about 100 miles after which the rear wheel cylinder seals go pop and you'd back to dubious brakes.

My plan involves swapping a volvo rear end (with disks) in ($25 donor car, was a turbo too) to match the volvo fronts.  Then it'll STOP, and do it more then once before fading too!

Hell maybe i'll put the volvo rear end into a toyota pickup and take it to Lemons.
$25 for an entire volvo turbo (it had issues, i pulled the head to find #2, #3, and #4 all at bottom dead center) makes for good lemoning.

YesIFit wrote:

- an AWD car will win
- an eclipse/talon/laser will not blow up

I sure hope so. I dunno if we were the highest finishing AWD car (probably some subajew or real time civic placed higher, but 43rd out of 156 at THill might be the highest AWD/DSM finish yet. The odd thing is, other than the time spent replacing parts broken on the tow up to the track (dollly crunched rear brake parts), we ran basically without issues for about 12 of the 15 hours of racing. Our pace was down as we were limited to 1/4 throttle on the straits to avoid boost creep and fuel cut, but 12 hours took us from 156th at about 90 mins in, to 111th at the end of the first day, 65th by the middle of day 2, and 43rd by the end of the race. So assuming the car could've lasted another 2 hours or so, tacked onto the beginning of the race while we were in the pits, we would've been about a top 20 finish out of 156.

So yes, I'd be shocked and awed top see an AWD/DSM to finish at the top of the whole deal, but it *might* be possible with full stock power and no random towing related brake failures! Honestly we'd stand a better chance getting IOE with a top 10 finish than to take an overall win. DSMs just f'n blow!

Just another crappy BMW and moto-powered MR2: http://www.facebook.com/BlackIronRacing
Gnome money, Gnome problems. (RIP) http://www.facebook.com/MetroGnomeRacing

RobL wrote:
Jeff G 78 wrote:
FreeRange wrote:

Jesus rob, that's some funny shite right there.  Though I can definatly see it happening with the brain fade I had coming back from Nelsons, I'm happy I remembered to hook the trailer back up.

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

RobL wrote:

I just showed that to my wife. "If you don't behave I'm gonna..."

2 words. Lead balloon.

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

"Sparky" Pete wrote:
RobL wrote:

I just showed that to my wife. "If you don't behave I'm gonna..."

2 words. Lead balloon.

After spending the weekend with you and your wife.. I'm pretty sure you can do no wrong Pete smile

You need to get her the drivers seat next race!  She can drive the MR2 smile

"Sparky" Pete wrote:

Dude, don't jinx me... I haven't even found a $500 Sunbeam yet...

I think the IOE will swap money payouts with the laps winner.  If Lemons really wants to promote horrible cars into the race, they can make it more lucrative to do so.  They could even pay a 2nd place IOE car.

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)