Topic: The Saga of the Sharks Part 2

http://blog.webridestv.com/2009/05/26/2 … ks-part-2/

And it really was an impressive fix.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Re: The Saga of the Sharks Part 2

Getting whacked out of the race all day Saturday kind of woke us up a bit to our driving ability (or lack thereof). So, as we look forward to Buttonwillow, we will be taking a different line. Instead of making the car even faster and the driving even worse, Jay and everyone else will be happy to know we might just make the driving a little better (dare I say, saner). Part of our driver crash course will be running both open test days at Buttonwillow this June.

For Reno, we built a car that most eveyrone thought was going to blow its head gasket in the practice session and many times thereafter. But testament to Mike's mechanical ability, the engine performed flawlessly after we stopped boosting the crankcase. Now, we will leave the engine and suspension alone and work on the driving.

The antics off track, however, will need a susbstantial increase to supplant our former on track ways. In Reno, we most definitely brought more booze than any other team but we could only consume so much. So we had to haul much of it back to LA which was a total pain in the ass. Next race, all teams need to report to our trailer once the track goes cold for food and drinks. Stay tuned and be warned.

"I am a nice shark. Not a mindless eatin' machine."

The Sharks
Home of the E28 Turbo Tuner Fish and the Hammered Head 944 Turbo

More on the same from Jonny:

http://blog.webridestv.com/2009/05/26/2 … nt-page-1/

And my comment in return:

As Antonia said, “Clearly, we were innocent. I mean, clear as day. Really.” Personally, after hearing 45 variations on the same event including several that had our shark on it’s side or roof, all I know is how much I don’t know what really happened. We will always run with in car video from now on. Either it will prove our innocence or allow the team to collectively beat on the bad driver (which could easily be me).

Thanks Jonny for the support. We know you wouldn’t post it unless you believed it.

The Sharks

As your paddock neighbors, it was great to party with you some, and to watch your heroics on the fixing that car!  Great idea to get some more seat time before the next race, as it couldn't hurt.

-Bill

And I was glad to see you guys back in the race on day 2, and I hope that my info on the Pick and Pull in Sparks was helpful.

TellarHK wrote:

And I was glad to see you guys back in the race on day 2, and I hope that my info on the Pick and Pull in Sparks was helpful.

Totally helpful! It had more E28s than our local pick and pull here in LA.

The Sharks

Thanks again for being the only people alive past 9pm on Friday night.  And thanks for the beers smile

TellarHK wrote:

Tellar-

We walked in the Pick Ur Part and split up for the search.  Mike went right, I left and MGP waited with the tools for a spotting, which was within 30 seconds. A very nicely preserved 535is with all we needed.  You were spot on with the description of a whole bunch of them there.  Right on.  Wish we had taken a camera or video cam. 

Thanks to everyone whom gave us info and support to repair my moment of stupidity damage.
smile