Topic: The *OFFICIAL* Cars That You Want To 'LeMonize' thread

I'm going to start carrying my camera everywhere I go.
Cars that have 'potential' I'll comment on.

I saw this old Porsche 912 today.
( actually I've been looking at it for the last 5 years )

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs021.snc3/10863_202164054328_671564328_2752655_1342505_n.jpg

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs021.snc3/10863_202164069328_671564328_2752656_8247104_n.jpg

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

Re: The *OFFICIAL* Cars That You Want To 'LeMonize' thread

I missed this one: (probably better for my sanity)

66 PORSCHE 912 BODY ONLY - $300 (Katy/West houston)

66 Porsche body only,rust buacket, no floor boards, no transaxle,no motor.

I wanna say that's the second cheap 912 I have come across.  At the time I also found a 4 gen Maxima with a 5 speed for a few hundred bucks.  I was thinking trim the 912 body to house a front drive transaxle.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

I saw an episode of Pawn Stars the other day where I tow truck showed up with a Cobra body and chassis. 

Turned out it was a real Cobra which had never been completed and the guy got paid to haul it away.

How would that be for a Lemons ride?

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

We still haven't seen a Bonneville SSE. How can you lose with a supercharger?

5 (edited by EriktheAwful 2009-12-04 04:15 PM)

#1 - Pulsar NX
#2 - Dodge Dakota R/T - http://www.youtube.com/user/filmsoncars … crSS2usfvw
#3 - Something with a V12 or a Japanese V8

MurileeMartin wrote:

Thats a good start....I think a Ford Thunderbird supercoupe 5 speed would be cool too....

In a few more years maybe a turbo neon SRT4 or the Supercharged Saturn ion coupe.... 

Any massive luxo-barge has potential...take out all the luxury junk to get the weight down and you still got the big engine...

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

EriktheAwful wrote:

#1 - Pulsar NX
#2 - Dodge Dakota R/T - http://www.youtube.com/user/filmsoncars … crSS2usfvw
#3 - Something with a V12 or a Japanese V8

We've seen two V12s (Jaguar XJS, Mercedes-Benz S600) and two Japanese V8s (Lexus LS400, Infiniti Q45). Not that we don't want to see more of them.

I always though that an old Camero Z28 or SS would be good cuzz a 350 can run forever and you can put some mighty fat tires on them, cut the springs a wee pit and add some camber and better brakes and you will have one fast machine

Porsches, camaros wth...this is Lemons...missed this one this week, still on the hunt though...

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s269/DC4WSouthcounty/saab.jpg

ifb_mole wrote:

I always though that an old Camero Z28 or SS would be good cuzz a 350 can run forever and you can put some mighty fat tires on them, cut the springs a wee pit and add some camber and better brakes and you will have one fast machine

It will be moderately fast for 19 laps.  Then it'll overheat.

Enjoy every sandwich.

TEAM RRT JOKER wrote:

Porsches, camaros wth...this is Lemons...missed this one this week, still on the hunt though...

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s269 … y/saab.jpg

Race the water heaters...they're faster

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

jimeditorial wrote:
TEAM RRT JOKER wrote:

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s269 … y/saab.jpg

Race the water heaters...they're faster

for sure...never even heard of a v4 fwd saab.  see what Lemons does to a guy.  it did have 55 hp

I really want to see more pre-1970 cars, more stupid engine swaps, more luxury cars, more French cars, more British Leyland cars, more Rootes Group cars, and more cars that ran in 1960-1970 NASCAR.

All I hear on here is how chevy 350's OVERHEAT. I've raced them on ovals for 20 years and never had overheating problems. Granted we usually never go over 100 laps on a half mile track and run aluminum radiators....I would think a stock four core radiator, no thermostat "guts" and a good water pump and it would be okee dokee?? What am I missing? I may just dump the Saab and start on the Camaro after CMP.....

MurileeMartin wrote:

SSEI is the supercharged one. The SSE is just a regular n/a 3.8... and a Regal GS would be a better choice. They're lighter. wink

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

I have seen a cheap Lotus Europa and Jensen Healy.

They are both very interesting but would be difficult to deal with.  I think they would be huge budget busters too.

While I like the old cars and enjoying seeing them, they are harder to deal with than newer cars.  I race a 73 240Z for crying out loud.  It isn't the oldest car in Lemons but it is way older then the average car in Lemons.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Oh yeah, a Lemons Lotus would be outstanding! I've seen Eclats for under a grand. Come on, Lotus handling!

yugo...  NOT

But... any beetle based kit supercar...

Owner #132 Lancia/Toyota Beta/MR2 Scorpion

As a card-carrying, Alpine-driving Rootes Group enthusiast, I really want to find something from the Rootes Group for $500.  How about a Hillman Hunter built up as a replica of the one that won the '68 London-Sydney Marathon?

Also, anything French.

French cars have been done. I won't be impressed til we have a 2CV and a 4CV competing in the same race for IOE against a straight-eight Pontiac.

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

Here is your Poncho straight 8

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI … MEWAX%3AIT

ronman wrote:

French cars have been done. I won't be impressed til we have a 2CV and a 4CV competing in the same race for IOE against a straight-eight Pontiac.

We've just barely scratched the surface! Where are the Citroëns? The Peugeot 404s? The Renault Le Cars?

MurileeMartin wrote:
ronman wrote:

We've just barely scratched the surface! Where are the Citroëns? The Peugeot 404s? The Renault Le Cars?

There's plenty of 404's in Argentina. Maybe Senator whats his name can bring one back on his next visit........

I'd love to see an Opel Kadette sometime! Or any Opel that's not a GT for that matter...

MurileeMartin wrote:
ronman wrote:

Patience.   It will be there, soon enough.

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!