Re: I'm a sucker for high displacement engines, this time it's a 6.9L benz

The short answer is ''You will see work resume on this eventually, probably in about 6-12 months"

The long answer sounds like a bit of a sob story, but it has a good ending:

I used to be a contract software engineer for the automotive industry, i had done that for over a decade and made a pretty good living at it. I generally developed all sorts of "infotainment" stuff (the stuff that makes your car neat but generally has nothing to do with it going down the road). about 2yrs ago when the self driving car push hit full stride the manufacturers stopped spending money on infotainment and diverted budgets to self driving cars.

This means i pretty much went unemployed/underemployed in somewhat of a perfect shitstorm. when it started to all go down I had recently moved to a new house, still owned the old one. i ended up owning both houses for 14 months total and lost my rear on selling the old one. during this time i was finding contracts here and there. but they were 1-3 months long and it would take me months to find the next one. contracts were just getting worse, i was working less than 50% of the time and when i was working i was only getting 50-70% of my previous rate.

About 5 months ago my wife was 6 months pregnant so something needed to change. I went ahead and changed industry. I now write iOS applications and went from contracting to being an employee. we also had to relocate to indianapolis and my wife had to find a new job.

Thankfully the house i only stayed at for 2 yrs sold in 3 days. but i really lost a bunch. I had invested about $30k in the house on top of the mortgage costs and sold it for about $3k more than i paid for it... then the real estate agents took 6%.

Fast forward to today, We have two happy healthy boys, we've moved to a better area, my wife has an accepted job offer (starts in a few weeks) and the new house even has a pole barn, finally i have a real shop! so we make less money now but we should have a nice stable life for at least a few years.

So we have to pay off the debt we accumulated in the last two years due to what happened and i have to spend some time getting the new shop waterproof as well as adding some insulation. at which point I will be able to resume this project.

Sorry, that was a really long answer to a short question. I want to resume this project so bad i can taste it!