1 (edited by MurileeMartin 2009-05-27 08:36 AM)

Topic: Top 102 Lemons of Lemons photos for Reno now up

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jalopnik/2009/05/Top_102_Lemons-LeadDust-804px.jpg

Action photos of all the cars that clanked onto the track at Reno-Fernley are now available for your enjoyment on Jalopnik. Best lap times, penalty lap totals, and any awards earned are listed for each car.

Re: Top 102 Lemons of Lemons photos for Reno now up

I believe you took the best lap times from Sundays race huh? A lot of the teams had lower ones on Sat. But still cool for putting that together thanks!

Fish wrote:

I believe you took the best lap times from Sundays race huh? A lot of the teams had lower ones on Sat.

Supposedly those are the best times for the weekend, but I've seen MyLaps screw it up before. Anyway, the times are just there to show readers that a quick lap time doesn't necessarily mean the car will contend.

Or just as important, a less than stellar lap time AND you can still contend!

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

Yes, note the 8.5 second best lap difference between the #1 and #2 cars. Then consider that a single penalty is going to cost you 5 to 15 laps. Or whether the 3 seconds you'll save by speeding in the pits is worth shooting for, given how much time you'll lose if you get caught.

Yeah Lap times has something screwy. We had a 2.45 on Sat. But on Sunday it was posted at 2.50 with the black rabbit. Then on Sun. our white car we had a 2.39 in the slow and dying white rabbit. Which is absolutely hysterical or my driver cheated and cut somewhere on the track. Who knows. No big deal though. Just odd.

OK, everyone can calm down about the best lap times now! MyLaps had the Saturday session listed as May 9th, and so I went back through and found the teams with better Saturday times and updated the list. Some of you were faster on Saturday, and now the world will know the truth!