Re: Brought an enclosed trailer need advice on fitting out the interior.

bshorey wrote:

That engine is right where you're going to want to put your winch.

bs

We drive out car onto and now into the trailer smile

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

Brett85p wrote:
bshorey wrote:

That engine is right where you're going to want to put your winch.

bs

We drive out car onto and now into the trailer smile

Well now you've jinxed it.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

Only pushed it on once, drove on the next 6 times, Toyota 20r reliability!
And its a light car to push if needed.

A winch is on the long term list but there are a lot of other more pressing things ahead of it like lights for Autobahn.

Brett85p wrote:

A winch is on the long term list but there are a lot of other more pressing things ahead of it like lights for Autobahn.

We drive our car on to the trailer too.  A winch is still one of the best investements you can make.  Think if all the non-running Lemons projects you can acquire when you don't have to worry about how you're going to drag them out of the mud!

Actually, one of the coolest things I've done with my trailer is with the electrical system.  When you install a winch, you want a battery close by to power it from.  I also installed a small trickle charging solar panel on the roof, and some lighter and USB charger outlets inside.  We've also got a real small compressor (it looked bigger in the pictures) that's really only good for filling tires and such.  The whole thing can operate independently of the tow vehicle for pretty much anything except heavy usage, in which case the tow vehicle is usually close by.

bs

Brett85p wrote:

Don't forget air conditioning, then you will have lots of friends.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

Got any reason to head up to Chicago?  You can crawl all over mine and inspect the fasteners, tie downs, etc.

I highly recommend the E-track.  I've got a tool cart, air compressor, generator and cherry picker all held by the e-track.  Also, white glossy walls really brighten things up.

I put a retractable hose reel near the air compressor with 50' of hose.

In this pic you can just make out the dark colored e-track on either side.  The generator and tool chest are both hooked to it.  For the generator, I just use a bungy cord hooked into the track.  For the tool chest, I have a proper "e-track" cleat that latches securely.

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t1.0-9/q77/s720x720/10402522_386075101530618_6797762394332285688_n.jpg

We also have conduit running both sides of the trailer - high and low.  The low ones are for outlets.  The high ones are for exterior lights.  Behind Anton you can see the green e-track and below him the grey conduit. Over their shoulder you can see the black air compressor hose reel.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/q71/s720x720/1464735_10200831883508014_1402994511_n.jpg?oh=ea84658b7bd4e3fdd9c5d60cef6af5c4&oe=540104E3&__gda__=1409335407_d3421fde1a3b0e1e953cb3c28a24daa5

Here's what it looks crammed full.  The cherry picker is attached to the e-track.  The tire rack is bolted to the studs in the wall.
https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t1.0-9/1382068_311733542298108_472720659_n.jpg

A&D: 2011 Autobahn, 2012 Gingerman, 2012 Road America, 2012 Autobahn II, 2013 Gator-O-Rama (True 24!)
Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse Racing
2013 Chubba Cheddar Enduro - Organizer's Choice, 2014 Doing Time in Joliet
http://www.facebook.com/#!/SirJackieSte … urseRacing

I'll take a good look at Joliet, I don't plan on anymore trailer renovations before then.
I want to get a closer look at the tire rack for sure, also like the checker plate on the floor!

Brett:
I spend my days outfitting trucks and trailers here :
http://www.e-n-g.com/pages/homeland_sec_vehicles.html                                                                                                                   
If you are interested,look me up at Miller and I'll share some of my wealth of knowledge....
I'll be with Team Thunderchicken Extra Crispy (90 Ford Thunderbird SC)
Mike

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

Mike, I will definitely come and chat with you.
Thanks!

Brett85p wrote:

I'll take a good look at Joliet, I don't plan on anymore trailer renovations before then.
I want to get a closer look at the tire rack for sure, also like the checker plate on the floor!

Me casa es su casa.  Come on over and take a look.

The ATP on the floor I'd probably skip.  I guess it's supposed to help the linoleum weather better.  But it gets slippery with any condensation or (God forbid) spilled fluids.  Plus it makes sweeping a bit of a pain.  I suppose linoleum would be just as slippery.  But in hindsight, I'm not sure I'm getting any real advantage out of the ATP.

A&D: 2011 Autobahn, 2012 Gingerman, 2012 Road America, 2012 Autobahn II, 2013 Gator-O-Rama (True 24!)
Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse Racing
2013 Chubba Cheddar Enduro - Organizer's Choice, 2014 Doing Time in Joliet
http://www.facebook.com/#!/SirJackieSte … urseRacing