Topic: Deal Alert: SA2005 Helmets for $110USD

I have no affiliation with Fastech, but this is a pretty sweet deal, especially for people that might be struggling with the budget of their first build.

Brand-new Snell SA2005 helmets for $110: http://www.fastech-racing.com/product.p … mp;page=1.

I think that TRP has gone out of business, so this is probably limited time, and you won't be able to get new visors or spare parts.  But for a full-face SA2005, this price can't be beat.

I didn't know whether to put this in the "for sale" forum or here, but I figure it would benefit the newbies the most, so I put it here.

Car to Pit telemetry (OBD2, GPS, and analog inputs) with little more than a phone, router, and laptop.  It's not MacGuyver, it's WifiLapper (forum | facebook)

Re: Deal Alert: SA2005 Helmets for $110USD

Ordered!  The guy asked if I was "one of those Lemons racers" so they must have received a flurry of calls today.

http://www.ducttapemotorsports.com/
http://www.teamdfl.com
"I can see it now, a pile of nickels and all the glory of being a real race car driver."
Prepping the Red wReck for the 24 Hours of Lemons

Thanks for the tip! And hurry up and sell these out so that folks can go back to ordering through our Pyrotect deal. smile

Got mine too!
Thanks for the info!

Got mine, thanks for the tip!

Josh Poage
Poage Ma Thoin Racing - 1981 Fiat Brava #09 - 2009 Yee-haw It's Texas
Prison Break Racing - 1986 325e #27 - 2010 Gator-o-Rama
Poage Ma Thoin Racing - 1981 Fiat Brava #09 - 2011 Heaps in the Heart of Texas

Are these any good? Hows the quality?

Team Victors of War (those idiots in the wife-beaters and white pants)

Haha, I got the last large but he said they run a little small so you might be able to get XL to fit your melon

Crap!  Just Dropped a grand for two simpsons

You pay for what you get just remember that. The differences you will notice right away is the weight and wearing comfort....

WINWAR wrote:

Haha, I got the last large but he said they run a little small so you might be able to get XL to fit your melon

They must have a lot of "last" larges, that is the same thing they told my teamate.

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

Really? I wanted to buy two and only got one. His loss I guess.

My teammates are cheaping out so I picked it up. I'm going to a really nice helmet. I have a really head...and want to keep it that way.

12 (edited by kalpol 2009-06-02 06:32 PM)

So my helmet arrived today, and on the box it says Snell K98 rated, not SA2005. Is that the same thing?

Edit: never mind, I found the SA2005 sticker inside the helmet.  PANIC AVERTED

Josh Poage

So, how is the quality? How does it fit? I mean for the price whatever but what do you think?

WINWAR wrote:

So, how is the quality? How does it fit? I mean for the price whatever but what do you think?

It's not as nice as my HJC motorcycle helmet - the linings and pads are glued in, and the visor hardware seems a little less sturdy. Otherwise the quality seems fine.  I got an XL, and it's too small for me, so I'm going to have to foist it off on a teammate.  (I have a very large head, XXL in motorcycle helmets, but I thought from the sizing chart it might fit).  The only thing I noted about it (and this might be because it's too small for me) is that the padding on the forehead seems thin, and might need some beefing up for comfort.

Josh Poage

Hmmm....I ordered a large since my HJC is that size.  It a shame that HJC doesn't make SA helmets any longer (at least www.helmetcity.com) doesn't carry them.  I have a SA2000 HJC AR-10 and it fits and is very comfortable.  Not to mention it has a removable and washable lining to get rid of the funk.

Mine is supposed to arrive today so if it's too small I'll put it up for sale here for one of you guys.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

VKZ24 wrote:

Hmmm....I ordered a large since my HJC is that size.  It a shame that HJC doesn't make SA helmets any longer (at least www.helmetcity.com) doesn't carry them.  I have a SA2000 HJC AR-10 and it fits and is very comfortable.  Not to mention it has a removable and washable lining to get rid of the funk.

Mine is supposed to arrive today so if it's too small I'll put it up for sale here for one of you guys.

HJC still makes them, I came across some, but they're about $275.

Josh Poage

kalpol wrote:
VKZ24 wrote:

Do tell?  Can you point me to a link please?  I think I paid about $350 for my AR-10 in 2002.

Captain

VKZ24 wrote:
kalpol wrote:
VKZ24 wrote:

Do tell?  Can you point me to a link please?  I think I paid about $350 for my AR-10 in 2002.

HJC still makes plenty of SA helmets:

http://www.pciraceradios.com/CategoryPr … at=Helmets

You can order those from them without the air and radio too for cheaper....

VKZ24 wrote:
kalpol wrote:
VKZ24 wrote:

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/shop/hj … -3347.html

Josh Poage

20 (edited by Mulry 2009-06-03 10:16 AM)

Thanks for posting this deal. Yesterday I received the one we ordered for my brother. We ordered a size M (which is the size I wear in my G-Force helmet that he borrowed for the last race) and it was a little snug but fit fine. Hard to beat this price for a SA2005 helmet. Cheers.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Mulry wrote:

Thanks for posting this deal. Yesterday I received the one we ordered for my brother. We ordered a size M (which is the size I wear in my G-Force helmet that he borrowed for the last race) and it was a little snug but fit fine. Hard to beat this price for a SA2005 helmet. Cheers.

From what I have been told, most people have helmets that are too big.  They are supposed to be snug

Fall South 09- 23rd place
Southern Discomfort '10 Magnum PU- 5th place
Spring South '10- 1st...... LOSER!

22 (edited by VKZ24 2009-06-04 05:18 AM)

ecugrad wrote:
Mulry wrote:

From what I have been told, most people have helmets that are too big.  They are supposed to be snug

I just received mine today and it's definitely too small.  I know different manufacturers helmets fit people differently even when marked with the same size.

Therefore I have a size LARGE (actually the quality is pretty decent) for sale for exactly what I paid NIB $110.00 plus exactly what it costs to ship it form me (27822) to you.

Anyone who is interested please e-mail me vkz24@wpc.net

Captain

I got mine today and glad I got the XXL(I normally wear XL) its a little snug around the chin area, but Im glad I got it.

VKZ24 wrote:
ecugrad wrote:
Mulry wrote:

I just received mine today and it's definitely too small.  I know different manufacturers helmets fit people differently even when marked with the same size.

Therefore I have one of these (actually the quality is pretty decent) for sale for exactly what I paid NIB $110.00 plus exactly what it costs to ship it form me (27822) to you.

Anyone who is interested please e-mail me vkz24@wpc.net

What size?

Property Devaluation Racing

Drivers wanted for TX races

My LARGE arrived today and it definitely runs small.  Bell and Zamp L fits me perfectly so I would have to say this is about a Medium in a Bell/Zamp.

So, if you want a white size L (really a Med.) for $109.95 plus shipping, drop me an e-mail.  You are welcome to try the helmet on if you are willing to drive/fly/dogsled to my place in northern NJ

edw
at
....teamdfl
daht
komm

http://www.ducttapemotorsports.com/
http://www.teamdfl.com
"I can see it now, a pile of nickels and all the glory of being a real race car driver."
Prepping the Red wReck for the 24 Hours of Lemons