Re: Nash it Forward - 2016 schedule

cheseroo wrote:
cabinboy wrote:

Okay, so who has the car for what races? Us quiet midwestern people don't know everyone by their screen name. Does Arizona still need drivers or do they have enough? Who has Texas? I know OnkelUdo wants Gingerman and we're working on that.

A lot of details on how this is going to work haven't really been communicated to me.  It sounds like for the AZ race, I'll be running it under my team name which means I'll be sending out the team invites.  Not sure yet how the entry money thing works.  Not sure if the pay it forward rules allow me to deny anyone who says they want to come aboard as a team.  Sasha is charged with getting the car there and I'll be taking care of the rest of the race logistics.  You'll just need to bring your driving crap.  Place appears to be located in a less inhabited portion of BFE on the map so I suppose I'll be sleeping on the ground somewhere.  We'll likely be pitting with Spank and Peter (Metro and assembled-at-the-track-at-Houston24race Austin America).  Not sure if they need drivers as well.  Since you seem to be the only one so far pounding down the door for AZ, PM me your driver email address and I'll fire off an invite.

Which reminds me, Doug - If Peter is coming from Houston you might want to reach out to him about AZ -> TX transport as a backup plan if things go sideways.

If you are the car sponsor for a race you are King of the Nash. Do whatever the hell you want (except chop the top - looking at you, Sasha). Take on the drivers you want; make a team you're comfortable with. Lastly.... D O N ' T  C R A S H  T H E  N A S H.

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

cheseroo wrote:

Which reminds me, Doug - If Peter is coming from Houston you might want to reach out to him about AZ -> TX transport as a backup plan if things go sideways.

That's very good to know, thanks!

'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

Take a look at this and Contact DC if you want to, "Smell the Glove".

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ … li=1#gid=0

This space for rent.

54 (edited by Guildenstern 2015-12-23 08:07 AM)

Ok heres what I figure for Ginger to CMP.

If I can snag a ride with Burnt Rubber Soul up to Ginger I can bring it either straight to CMP or I can meet up to hand it off to Mental to make it the rest of the way down to CMP.

If I can't get a ride out to Ginger I can either pick up mental and bring him to the Nash somewhere enroute on it's way out of Ginger. Or can get the Nash from someone as a relay out of gingerman and move it on a ferry leg to either CMP or Mental.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

cheseroo wrote:
cabinboy wrote:

Okay, so who has the car for what races? Us quiet midwestern people don't know everyone by their screen name. Does Arizona still need drivers or do they have enough? Who has Texas? I know OnkelUdo wants Gingerman and we're working on that.

A lot of details on how this is going to work haven't really been communicated to me.  It sounds like for the AZ race, I'll be running it under my team name which means I'll be sending out the team invites.  Not sure yet how the entry money thing works.  Not sure if the pay it forward rules allow me to deny anyone who says they want to come aboard as a team.  Sasha is charged with getting the car there and I'll be taking care of the rest of the race logistics.  You'll just need to bring your driving crap.  Place appears to be located in a less inhabited portion of BFE on the map so I suppose I'll be sleeping on the ground somewhere.  We'll likely be pitting with Spank and Peter (Metro and assembled-at-the-track-at-Houston24race Austin America).  Not sure if they need drivers as well.  Since you seem to be the only one so far pounding down the door for AZ, PM me your driver email address and I'll fire off an invite.

I was thinking about raising my hand for the Nash for AZ but it sounds like you've got it covered. So, since we have enough drivers to make our stints a little short in #140, are there seats open in #49? How much $?

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)

One of the most important things about taking the Nash is that for the few days/weeks that it is in your possession - You own it.  Anything you do to it is your business.  Except, altering the body - like a convertible, Sasha.   K got engine swaps - paint jobs - rewired - a transmission conversion and crashed/repaired on more than one occasion.   

Just remember to try to pay it forward in better condition than you got it. 

Special consideration to moving it around seems to work - ie if someone is dumb enough to drive it across 7 states for you, you should give them great consideration for a seat. 

Good luck to all of you!

This space for rent.

Type44 wrote:
cheseroo wrote:
cabinboy wrote:

I was thinking about raising my hand for the Nash for AZ but it sounds like you've got it covered. So, since we have enough drivers to make our stints a little short in #140, are there seats open in #49? How much $?

Right now we've got myself, Sasha, Albert (cabinboy), Johan and Doug on the team.  Sasha is talking about maybe bringing one or two more people with him to drive.  Johan will have another car there.  At some point the ratio of people standing to driving gets undesirable.  I don't know what that number is.  You'll be there anyway so there's no need to formally add you and we'll just work something out as we get closer to the event.  I'll keep you in mind.  As to cost, I don't run a for-profit organization.  It's cost/# of drivers.

BTW, I'll probably end up buying those wheels from you.  At some point I may end up with something to bolt them onto.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

58 (edited by Guildenstern 2015-12-23 02:37 PM)

So what are the routes right now?
NSF > Barber
Barber > Sasha
Sasha > Arizona
Arizona > Eagles Canyon (any lay over in between?)
Eagle > STL>Gilbertsville, PA
Gilbertsville > Gingerman
Gingerman > CMP (or is there a layover there as well?)

A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)

M

cheseroo wrote:
Type44 wrote:
cheseroo wrote:

Right now we've got myself, Sasha, Albert (cabinboy), Johan and Doug on the team.  Sasha is talking about maybe bringing one or two more people with him to drive.  Johan will have another car there.  At some point the ratio of people standing to driving gets undesirable.  I don't know what that number is.  You'll be there anyway so there's no need to formally add you and we'll just work something out as we get closer to the event.  I'll keep you in mind.  As to cost, I don't run a for-profit organization.  It's cost/# of drivers.

BTW, I'll probably end up buying those wheels from you.  At some point I may end up with something to bolt them onto.

I might want to take it for a few laps in the Nash just to say I did... It was more a "we got 6 or 7 drivers, if you're shorthanded” kind of thing, and it sounds like you're covered for roster. I'm still trying to figure if I should prioritize getting the Audi race ready, we may well have the personnel to warrant it!

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)

I think there's a lot of confusion, what with all the disjointed posts here and on the FB page. Why don't the car claimers/owners create a single thread for each race to discuss getting the Nash to that particular track? You could also use that thread for ironing out details of who's driving, etc., if necessary. Make sure to add the date or at least the month of the race in the thread title to minimize confusion, since there are some tracks with multiple races next season.

SpaceFrank wrote:

I think there's a lot of confusion

The entire Nashberger's Syndrome adventure is going to confusing. Roll with it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ … li=1#gid=0

Frank - Contact DC Doug  This link will become the Rosetta Stone that you are looking for.   

Everything else on these strings =  requests and dreams.  Serious offers and guarantees are vetted by Doug.  The bar is not that high but we were left scrambling a couple times w/ K.

dskirchberg@gmail.com

This space for rent.

Guildenstern wrote:

So what are the routes right now?
NSF > Barber
Barber > Sasha
Sasha > Arizona
Arizona > Eagles Canyon (any lay over in between?)
Eagle > STL>Gilbertsville, PA
Gilbertsville > Gingerman
Gingerman > CMP (or is there a layover there as well?)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ … edit#gid=0

So autobahn and BFE are open.  We don't have to run these, but it would help the logistics. Rally Baby runs it for NJMP ending 5/15.  BFE begins 6/3 and Autobahn 7/22.  The current goal and commitments are for Thunderhill starting 7/29 and then back to the east coast for Thompson on 8/12 or CMP Fall 9/16.  That's a lot of time between races.

There's also the possibility that it will run the Chihuahua Express in Mexico. Chacho gave us a free entry. April 21-24. So, that could mean ECR, Gingerman, and CMP#1 aren't happening. Personally, I would love to see it run the Chihuahua, but I think it needs to see all the Lemons love it can get. Home is where the heart is.

DC Doug wrote:

So autobahn and BFE are open.  We don't have to run these, but it would help the logistics. Rally Baby runs it for NJMP ending 5/15.  BFE begins 6/3 and Autobahn 7/22.  The current goal and commitments are for Thunderhill starting 7/29 and then back to the east coast for Thompson on 8/12 or CMP Fall 9/16.  That's a lot of time between races. .

I can assist with logistics at Autobahn but do not feel comfortable hosting it if it has to be race-ready in California 7 days later.

Home is where the heart is, But free entry in the Chihuahua is pretty good too. Seems like ECR could still get done. CMP too if you don't get it impounded coming back in to the US.

67 (edited by SpaceFrank 2015-12-24 06:57 PM)

YOU BOYS LIKE MEX-EE-CO?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGgGCvuez14

Chihuahua Express would be awesome. Bob and I might be interested, but we've gotta look at costs and logistics. Even if it's not us, somebody should do it. ECR would still be doable, and there is another race at Gingerman later in the year.

If Richard Tomlin wants to get involved, we could easily truck the Nash to his place from ECR.

68 (edited by NSF 2015-12-24 08:34 PM)

Richard is going.   

What saith the boys from Gingerman do they like Mexico?  I wouldn't want to deprive them of 80 degree weather and 3 days of racing for free...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNN7491ZgVM

This space for rent.

This is so very tempting.

Must Resist, Must spend money on, own, build!!!!

The Inglorious Basturds have signed up the Nash as our B entry for ECR. Anybody wanting to A&D can pm me. I'm just looking to cover entry, fuel and heaven forbid any parts that fall off. Naturally we want to send it on as good or better than we got it. Not sure how it's getting to ECR, but we will sort that out. Frank, if you want a seat, pm me, I'll save it. I will put a larger seat in it for sure. Most of the Inglorious Badturds are six foot or better and north of two bills!  WHAT A HOOT! We like hoots down here in Texas!

"WE MAY HAVE BEEN HASTY IN OUR MOTOR SELECTION"
Winner Judges Choice ECR 2011, Winner Heroic Fix 2012 TWS, Overly Realistic Automotive Journalist Replica Car ECR 2014,Winner Class B Gatorama MSR Houston 2014, $500.00 bucks baby!

The Inglorious Basturds have signed up the Nash as our B entry for ECR. Anybody wanting to A&D can pm me. I'm just looking to cover entry, fuel and heaven forbid any parts that fall off. Naturally we want to send it on as good or better than we got it. Not sure how it's getting to ECR, but we will sort that out. Frank, if you want a seat, pm me, I'll save it. I will put a larger seat in it for sure. Most of the Inglorious Badturds are six foot or better and north of two bills!  WHAT A HOOT! We like hoots down here in Texas!

"WE MAY HAVE BEEN HASTY IN OUR MOTOR SELECTION"
Winner Judges Choice ECR 2011, Winner Heroic Fix 2012 TWS, Overly Realistic Automotive Journalist Replica Car ECR 2014,Winner Class B Gatorama MSR Houston 2014, $500.00 bucks baby!

DC Doug wrote:
cheseroo wrote:

That's very good to know, thanks!

No problem as I will be driving solo.  TX--> AZ not possible as I am heading on after a family vacation, would be glad for company on the drive back.

Peter
GATORAMA 2009: Engine Broke. No Problems 2011: Car broke
GATORAMA 2013: Austin America, Built did not break. Eagles Canyon 2014: Car broke, replaced engine, broke it
Arizona D-Bags 2016: Broke, repaired, still running

Is anyone going to use it at the ridge?  Im not sure how it'd be able to get from Ct to seattle and ready to race in just 2 weeks

What do people think about setting up a Cash for the Nash GoFundMe or PayPal account for situations like this? Maybe an emergency travel or repair fund that Bob can release when situations become dire or travel schedules unsafe. For example, booking a car hauler to move the Nash to far-away events in a safe and timely fashion.

Not to worry Mike, part of the fun of the "pay it forward" idea is for people to hate that LeMon enough to burn it in a Wyoming ditch - but not having the balls to actually do it.

b

This space for rent.