Re: Nash it Forward - 2016 schedule

DC Doug wrote:

Mental and Mike Ferenchak are handling CMP.

Spring or Fall? Or one each?

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

DC Doug wrote:
Guildenstern wrote:

The rear of the car was Shredded. I didn't hear a full accounting of damage, but when everything that was holding the fuel cell in gets torn apart and the fuel cell is just hanging out the back of the car, it's done.

Nash at dead stop attempting to get off the line and into the dirt just past blind crest after stalling out. GRM Miata going at what was obvious speed crests hill, comes inside a bit and submarines beneath the RR of the Nash. It shears the stock c3 vette fuel tank supports (the supports and the bolts holding it to the frame), crushes the 'vette transverse leaf spring into the differential cover crushing it, crushes the RR trailing and lower control arms, and shears the transmission cross member bolts. Then the Nash flipped over (from RR to LF) and the GRM driver almost caught the Nash bumper in the face through the windshield. GRM driver is okay from what I understand from yesterday. The Miata is totaled. Nash is fixable, but it will take considerable fab. Stef, the Nash driver, has a severe concussion, deep tissue bruises, and is banned from Lemons for a year. She'll never play football again. Oh, and for good measure, a 924/944 waylaid the Miata from the rear also taking itself out of the race.

This is how I understand the incident. I was not at the race.

Thanks Doug. That hill scares me because of this scenario. I wonder if the yellow flag was out before the crash at the crest?

Byte Marks Racing - "You knew the job was dangerous when you took it Fred."
1992 Nissan 240SX DM Edition (Drift Master)

cabinboy wrote:
DC Doug wrote:

Spring

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

DC Doug wrote:
cabinboy wrote:
DC Doug wrote:

Spring

I think the concern was CMP Fall

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

Guildenstern wrote:
DC Doug wrote:
cabinboy wrote:

Spring

After Thunderhill in July we don't have any sponsors or transport until the 10th anniversary at Gingerman in October. We need a transport solution from Thunderhill back east. Someone will pick it up for the CMP race in mid-September.

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

Guys...I hate to sound fickle but I am probably going to have to pull out of my role for Gingerman Spring.  Just got news of a major change in my work schedule upon my return from Barber.  I can still do a transport leg but flying down to Dallas and driving up to Hammond and then hosting...none of that can happen.

Sorry, feel like a heel.

132 (edited by Guildenstern 2016-02-09 06:59 PM)

edit: double

A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)

Ok so where does that put us? I thought it was going Dallas to Pittsburgh to be then taken by SirThomasCrapper back to his shop then out to Gingerman Spring.

The Schedule on Google Docs needs a bit of revising as i think it has me Mike Z listed STL to PIT? That was never a thing. Is there another Mike Z?

Guildenstern wrote:

Ok so where does that put us? I thought it was going Dallas to Pittsburgh to be then taken by SirThomasCrapper back to his shop then out to Gingerman Spring.

The Schedule on Google Docs needs a bit of revising as i think it has me Mike Z listed STL to PIT? That was never a thing. Is there another Mike Z?

Honestly...if someone could still get it to Saint Louis...I could still get it to Pittsburgh (that is  weekend trip...no work impact).

135 (edited by cdickman12 2016-02-09 07:16 PM)

DC Doug wrote:
Guildenstern wrote:
DC Doug wrote:

Spring

After Thunderhill in July we don't have any sponsors or transport until the 10th anniversary at Gingerman in October. We need a transport solution from Thunderhill back east. Someone will pick it up for the CMP race in mid-September.

It will be home if somebody needs to store it after Thunderhill. Just keep that in mind when working on the schedule Doug. Also leaves it open for someone to run the BFE GP in Washington.

Maybe start a kick starter account or paypal donations to get it back to CMP via shipper, should only be $1200 to $1500 or so to keep it Ramblin' if we get in a bind.

That would put it on track to finish all the east coast races, make its way back across the country and finish up back in Sonoma.

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

I'm flexible. I can do either spring gingerman or CMP fall.  Not so flexible as far as driving it cross country between races.

I'll be happy to do either. I just need to get it either in Pittsburgh for gingerman spring or T.B.D. for CMP.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Anybody going to Arizona might want to check out this posting http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewt … p?id=32117

Most evil engine swap for the Rambler, but keeping it Merican.

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

OnkelUdo wrote:

Guys...I hate to sound fickle but I am probably going to have to pull out of my role for Gingerman Spring.  Just got news of a major change in my work schedule upon my return from Barber.  I can still do a transport leg but flying down to Dallas and driving up to Hammond and then hosting...none of that can happen.

Sorry, feel like a heel.

So does this mean you won't be at the race or you just can't fly to Dallas to drive it up?

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

ninjacoco wrote:

Holy crap, I would love to do The Ridge.

Also, since it seems as though all the races near me are spoken for, I will gladly volunteer to redecorate the Nash for anyone who wants my impeccable decorating skillz. I mean, I went to the same college as the Fixer Upper couple. I made a Type 3 into a bunny. I know polishing turds. And I think this Nash kinda looks like a bunny.

I definitely want in on using it at the ridge.  anything would be better than the sho I worked on last time (the white one that was missing half the deck lid)

I definitely want in on using it at the ridge.  anything would be better than the sho I worked on last time (the white one that was missing half the deck lid)

Then sign up to be the captain for that race. That event is still open.

Fourteen time loser. You'd think I'd know better by now.

I'm in for The Ridge.  I have a vinyl cutter and considerable creative skills, and I'm off for the summer, so there is time to be spent in wrenching and decorating and wrenching.
It's got a lower shift point than the Benz, and the same size fuel tank. . . . I mean I KNOW it's not a diesel . . . but it acts like one!!!!!! Must have a chance to drive. . . and I've loved looking at that car since I first saw it.

Putting the "dirty" in Dirty Little Freaks Racing
~stalk us on facebook

Mkotzias wrote:

I feel like an 8 yer old trying to get the older kids to acknowledge my existence.
I still want In!!!!.......
Rally baby beat me to NJMP, and I don't see a post.
Where are the deals going down?
Help!!!!

Manny.

Manny - want to run this with Rally Baby at NJMP?

Rally Baby 87 Audi 4KQ, Audi 90 Quattro Coupe, 1975 Mercedes R107, 87 E30s, E36s, the Whorenet, Rocco...
J. Phil: "Audis Never Win".  He might be right.But!, the K Dominates 2013 NJ and NH (not, but...). 
Stafford 2011 podium, 2nd NJMP 2013, Summit Point 2012 "WV ASSimilation award"
NJMP 2012 Organizer's Choice - R107, 2013 Monticello IOE Whorenet ! Organizers, CMP fall 2013 w/NSF

I'm just lurking here, but... last I heard the Rambler was sitting in west TX and was incapacitated. Could I and the other onlurkers get an update?

25X Loser - Delinquent Racing - '86 Rust-Tite Merkur - 9 years (when do I get to stop?).

It's being Rebuilt, we have the technology, Better, Stronger, Easier to find parts for.

It's being kept under wraps to be a fun surprise next week at the race.

Good to hear. Keep on a ramblin', Rambler.

25X Loser - Delinquent Racing - '86 Rust-Tite Merkur - 9 years (when do I get to stop?).