51 (edited by ninjacoco 2016-02-27 12:53 AM)

Re: I just took Ambien and it's doing nothing. AMA.

Hamsa9 wrote:

Coco,

Are you still in TX? For some reason i thought you were moving, or had moved, to PA... am I crazy?

Yep, still in Texas. I've been wanting to send the car up there, and I might follow it. Dunno yet.

I can't exactly use it right now, either way. There goes my idea of trying to do Watkins Glen. >:(

52 (edited by ninjacoco 2016-02-27 12:58 AM)

Disco wrote:
ninjacoco wrote:
ninjacoco wrote:

barely functual

Welp.

I've been taking it super careful (closely following doctors' advice, not trying to push myself too hard) and luckily, work's been super-understanding about my need for frequent breaks in the meantime.

"Bored" is an understatement, though.

I totally understand healing from a serious concussion.  I used to think I was pretty tough untill one fight leveled me for a fee months with severe headaches dizziness all the time inner ear problems.  It took me a solid 4 months to recover back to 100%. Good luck girl

Balls. I've been feeling funny in my ears, too. I'm really glad to hear a lot of this is somewhat normal for this kind of injury, though. The weird "I need to pop my ears" feeling has gotten a bit better now, which is good. (That might've been pneumonia-related instead of concussion-related, though. I've been in bad shape.) Also, thanks!

My fun drugs are actually working now, so I'm going to sleep.

Also, this is super funny: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifCW9SIj8uU

Because it is.

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/t31.0-8/12715932_668886539881145_2486015641065740760_o.jpg

Also, please bribe the Puffalumps.

I luvz moon pies. 

oh, and FREE COCO!

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

FJ40Jim wrote:

I luvz moon pies. 

oh, and FREE COCO!

FREE COCO!

After a few nights of way too vivid nightmares and waking up super groggy and fleh, maybe two Ambiens is a bit much. So, here I am, typing away after one Ambien pill, which I'm not sure works.

I'm bored! Ask whatever.

Perhaps one and a half would allow you to sleep without the grogginess?

Fourteen time loser. You'd think I'd know better by now.

Bummer about not sleeping....
Exercise is good advice (but at least several hours before bed time).  Stay away from alcohol, caffeine.  Do not nap during the day.  Do not look at any video/TV monitors for several hours before bed time (something about the light the screen transmits makes your brain think it is daytime...).  Likewise, get some sun during the day.  From your posts, it seems like you spend way too much time in front of various video screens around bed time....absorbing the blue light...bad

Drugs: I would not suggest Ambien...it can give you serious, sleep disturbing dreams.  Trazadone is frequently used (off label), but would need a prescription ("and talk to your doctor" disclaimer), Benadryl and other over the counter Tylenol pm and such, should likely be avoided by guys since it can frequently cause urinary retention (and you'll be running to the john instead of sleeping)...I don't know you, but it sounds like you are a Dos XX, as opposed to XY....

"Natural Medicines" Consider Melatonin or Valerian root extract.  There is something else that is suggested at bedtime that helps sleep, but I won't get into that to keep it Rated G....and you need a "partner" for it to work....really

Confession: I don't like taking any drugs, I prefer to suffer in pain, I avoid antibiotics at all cost and take them only as a last resort, I don't even like to take vitamins or any over the counter medication.....and I don't go to doctors and have not seen one since my pediatrician did my college physical (and is now dead)....and I am a physician, and a quack, and I suck....which probably explains why I am doing this Lemons thing and no one at work is interested in joining me....

MZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022

On the subject of video screens before bedtime, there's a program I use called "f.lux" that darkens/reddens your computer screen when the sun goes down to help with the whole circadian rhythm thing.

And? Did we get any shuteye last night?

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

ninjacoco wrote:

After a few nights of way too vivid nightmares and waking up super groggy and fleh, maybe two Ambiens is a bit much. So, here I am, typing away after one Ambien pill, which I'm not sure works.

I'm bored! Ask whatever.

have you tried weed?

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?

Maverick74 wrote:

Perhaps one and a half would allow you to sleep without the grogginess?

Maybe? I dunno; just took one to be on the safe side. I have people to annoy and apparently our stickers got added to some racecars, but I don't know where. It's like an Easter egg hunt, but with World Challenge cars! Fun fun!

MZAVARIN wrote:

Bummer about not sleeping....
Exercise is good advice (but at least several hours before bed time).  Stay away from alcohol, caffeine.  Do not nap during the day.  Do not look at any video/TV monitors for several hours before bed time (something about the light the screen transmits makes your brain think it is daytime...).  Likewise, get some sun during the day.  From your posts, it seems like you spend way too much time in front of various video screens around bed time....absorbing the blue light...bad

Drugs: I would not suggest Ambien...it can give you serious, sleep disturbing dreams.  Trazadone is frequently used (off label), but would need a prescription ("and talk to your doctor" disclaimer), Benadryl and other over the counter Tylenol pm and such, should likely be avoided by guys since it can frequently cause urinary retention (and you'll be running to the john instead of sleeping)...I don't know you, but it sounds like you are a Dos XX, as opposed to XY....

"Natural Medicines" Consider Melatonin or Valerian root extract.  There is something else that is suggested at bedtime that helps sleep, but I won't get into that to keep it Rated G....and you need a "partner" for it to work....really

Confession: I don't like taking any drugs, I prefer to suffer in pain, I avoid antibiotics at all cost and take them only as a last resort, I don't even like to take vitamins or any over the counter medication.....and I don't go to doctors and have not seen one since my pediatrician did my college physical (and is now dead)....and I am a physician, and a quack, and I suck....which probably explains why I am doing this Lemons thing and no one at work is interested in joining me....

MZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I'm with you on the drugs. I'm just kind of waiting out this lack of zzzz period until I can finally get back to normal.

SpaceFrank wrote:

On the subject of video screens before bedtime, there's a program I use called "f.lux" that darkens/reddens your computer screen when the sun goes down to help with the whole circadian rhythm thing.

OOH. That could work (she says, while typing on a screen).

cabinboy wrote:

And? Did we get any shuteye last night?

Holy crap, did I.

So, after a little while of "I'm not getting much sleep" and "flergh," I hit. the. wall. (sleep-wall) after yesterday. I'd gotten up at 5-something to make a butt-early photographers' meeting at COTA. I was up all day, intermittently making posts for the Internet, wandering around, and eventually, forgetting words I'd like to use and watching the room spin around me. (That's when I know I should probably take a nice break.)

I went home. I had a snack, in case any of the lightheadedness was hunger. (It wasn't.) I put on some cartoons. And then I passed right out in front of said cartoons at around 8:15 or 8:30 in the evening, and woke up whenever it was that I woke up this morning.

(Of course, now this means that I can't get to sleep tonight. More racecars! Tomorrow! Here. Puff wants to sit on all of them.)

derekste wrote:
ninjacoco wrote:

I'm bored! Ask whatever.

have you tried weed?

Are you with...The Man? (It's not legal here.)

Eh, I think the statute of limitations is well past, so I'll admit: I did a long time ago hoping it'd help with my migraines. Nope. I'm a hot paranoid mess on that stuff. I'll stick to huffing Porsche fumes, thanks.

I find lack of exercise makes my sleep patterns "wonky."  S/F....Ken M

69 (edited by ninjacoco 2016-03-14 12:04 AM)

echosixmike wrote:

I find lack of exercise makes my sleep patterns "wonky."  S/F....Ken M

So I noticed. (At 2:00 a.m.)

Off the fun drugs unless I go to bed early, and really need them. I probably should have done that today, but okay.

I guess Ambien Fun Story Time is over. Womp womp. Haha.

70 (edited by ninjacoco 2016-03-30 12:38 AM)

Maybe this is more of a generic insomnia thread at this point.

I gave up on the Ambien idea unless I take it super early (I wake up groggy otherwise), but I just can't sleep lately. At all.

So, I nodded off at like 6 p.m. and took kind of a light nap, but then woke up at about 11 wide freakin' awake. I've been trying to lay still and go back asleep, but I got nothin'.

Hi, thread. Not tripping balls this time. Grumble. My stupid head hurts, though, so I'll probably put the phone away soon. I'm just tired of not sleeping. This is the worst. I'm not 100% awake in the day and end up feeling entirely useless as a result.

You sleeping tonight?

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

cabinboy wrote:

You sleeping tonight?

No. sad

Insomnia sucks the big one. I've struggled with it on and off. Don't have any good tips on how to end it; when it happens I mostly just lay there for hours on end wishing sleep would come. A slug of whiskey can help sometimes but not always, and it does not seem like a good idea to do the slug of whiskey if you're fighting it at 3am and have work to do the next day..

My sympathies.

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

I got all of one hour of shuteye after finally nodding off. I just looked in the mirror. Between that and the rest of my no-sleep week, I've got worse circles under my eyes than when I went to go cover Le Mans for work, ugh. At least there had a slide to run up and down. Clearly, the answer is to install a slide off my apartment's balcony.

ninjacoco wrote:

Clearly, the answer is to install a slide off my apartment's balcony.

I mean, DUH!

One of those cork screw ones!

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport