Topic: Any experience with Zamp helmets?

Specifically the Zamp RZ-44 Air?

10x loser (Arse-Freeze '11 - Vodden '15) 1x WINNER! Arse-Freeze '14 in the Watermelon Volvo Wagon
Swedish Knievel Skycycle('90 Volvo 740 Wagon)

Re: Any experience with Zamp helmets?

No experience with Zamp myself, but a factoid that may be helpful - or just confusing. Zamp is owned by Bell Europe. Bell USA and Bell Europe are owned by the same parent company. See... confusing.

25X Loser - Delinquent Racing - '86 Rust-Tite Merkur - 9 years (when do I get to stop?).

I got a rz-58 it's OK, coming from my old bell the zamp is tighter in the cheeks, and does feel cheap like it is, but for my local enduro stuff and other car activities it does the job

I also have a RZ-58.  Since it's the first helmet I've used/owned I don't know how good or bad it is.  Fits my melon fine although it's a PITA to try and stuff my glasses in the right place after it's on.  I hope I never have to test it to find out how well it works in a crash.

I liked having airflow in the helmet but the blower system we rigged up was kinda loud in the helmet.  I like to use ear plugs anyway (because someone else's rotary...) so it's not a real big deal.  Round two will have some changes in the way the blower ducting is configured to try and quiet it down some anyway.

Nick
Focke Ewe racing -> Muttonheads! Racing -> Torque Junkies
86ish VW GTI...now with TDI Powah!

I use the RZ-42. Great lightish helmet. Provides me with great visibility, very comfortable for my head, and does the job better then the previous helmet I had for karting and racing. I would recommend this helmet to anyone looking for a budget find at or around $325.

a lethal overdose of brick wall, taken while under the influence of a Ferrari and a bottle of tequila.

I bought an RZ-55 last year because it was cheap and I wanted air.

It fits okay, the inside padding is pretty hard, but not brutally so.

The air flow was not that great, so I used a drill to hog out the air passages. The air flow is much better now, and it made the noise from the air go way up, but the extra flow is well worth it. Having a breeze blowing down on top of my head makes a huge difference on long stints.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!