Topic: UK Driver

Hey guys,

Followed Lemons for a while but we have nothing like this in the UK.

My question is, has anyone travelled from the UK to join a team?

I have experience in karting.

Thanks,
Sam

Re: UK Driver

There were a few guys from the UK who had been talking about fielding a team and were looking to rent/build/buy a car to run in one of the California events, but they disappeared.
I think there have been a few "arrive and drives" from around the world. This is where someone pays to be on an existing team, and shows up, races, then heads home. It is quite common.

Silversleeves Racing
Austin Mini #42 | John Lemmons Wolseley Hornet
Austin 1800 #49  V6 Landcrab - Organizer's Choice PNW2013 | Class C Winner 2015
Barbie's Corvette #44 - Organizer's Choice PNW2014

The latter one sounds more my cup of tea.

Although I'd like to prep the car too.

Thanks for the information man. smile

Not sure if there have been drivers from the UK but I do know we have had overseas arrive and drives on more than one occasion. 

Of course there are also the foreign teams from Canada and teams run by people with funny accents from mythical lands like New Zealand.

Just make sure your license will carry over to Lemons.  I'm 99.99% sure it does.  Contact Nick

mailto:nick@24hoursoflemons.com

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Sir Thomas Crapper wrote:

Just make sure your license will carry over to Lemons.  I'm 99.99% sure it does.  Contact Nick

mailto:nick@24hoursoflemons.com

Do I need a competition licence or just a regular road licence?

Thanks,
Sam

Kind of yes to both but the competition license is really just type in your digits and pay your money ($50/year now?)...no experience required.

OnkelUdo wrote:

Kind of yes to both but the competition license is really just type in your digits and pay your money ($50/year now?)...no experience required.

I'll email the dude.

Looking at Sonoma at the moment, flights come close to £1k

I am always looking for drivers.  We run an Austin 1300, well run is a strong word, we do a few laps then change the engine. Nights are typically spent changing the engine again.  Probably off to Dallas next year, I can keep you posted.  Entry fee will include copous quantities of Bassett's Wine Gums.  In all seriousness, the car is currently running strong and should be good to go in Dallas...

Peter
GATORAMA 2009: Engine Broke. No Problems 2011: Car broke
GATORAMA 2013: Austin America, Built did not break. Eagles Canyon 2014: Car broke, replaced engine, broke it
Arizona D-Bags 2016: Broke, repaired, still running

Bloody-Brit wrote:

I am always looking for drivers.  We run an Austin 1300, well run is a strong word, we do a few laps then change the engine. Nights are typically spent changing the engine again.  Probably off to Dallas next year, I can keep you posted.  Entry fee will include copous quantities of Bassett's Wine Gums.  In all seriousness, the car is currently running strong and should be good to go in Dallas...

As a Brit myself I find the concept of another Brit flying all the way from the UK to Dallas to drive, of all things, an Austin 1300 highly amusing. tongue

Isn't there pretty cheep rally cross in the UK? I saw that on an episode of top gear.  They were out racing for under 2000GBP.  Looked pretty sick actually. 

Its series 18 episode 7 I think.

Moot Point Racing - 1991 Volvo 240 - #496

Bloody-Brit wrote:

Sounds good Bro,  I'll PM you some contact details now.

Thanks,
Sam

13 (edited by ninjacoco 2016-12-27 01:37 AM)

We had a German come over and run the Porschelump. Zero issues. Falls under the same rules as the 'Muricans: pay the membership fee and show off a road license at some point, IIRC.

Do eet.