Topic: Rookie looking for a ride OR open to forming a new team in DFW area

All,

I am a rookie in DFW area looking for a ride in Lemons racing. I have some wrenching skills, funds and a whole lot of desire get into Lemons racing.

Alternatively, I am looking to form a new team in the Dallas Ft. Worth area.  With that being said, I am posting here to see if we can can get enough motivated guys and gals to meet next week (Feb. 25th or 26th) or the following weekend (March 4th or 5th) to see if we can form a team.  Please contact me if you are interested.

Sreeni

972 365 4444 (Text only please to start, don't usually answer unknown number due too many spammers)

email: schowdiah@gmail.com

Re: Rookie looking for a ride OR open to forming a new team in DFW area

I am down in houston but when you get 3-4 and need a car I have the perfect starter Lemons car for you.

1997 Honda Accord. Well proven. Reliable and quick!

Thanks

I have one guy responded so far and interested.

Thanks for the offer J10495T.  I will reach out to you once we have a team and want to get a car that is already built.

sounds good - car originally came out of the dallas area and I still keep up with original guy who sold it - VERY solid car and well put together.

thanks,

would be perfect to come run in May at Lemons MSR.

my phone number is 713-857-5983 and name is Jay!

Plano,

I know its a bit of a drive but my team is working on a car right now down just south of Houston.  We are planning on racing in the November race at MSR.  Right now we have 4 confirmed on the team but we could always use a couple of extra drivers.  Just let me know if you and the other are interested.

Skip "Mongo" L.
Team DadBod

Is anyone still looking for a ride in MSR Houston in May?  Well you are in luck!

Team Despicable Racing has opening for 2 or 3 drivers.

Required Qualifications: Must drive conservatively - We are looking for an endurance race instead of speed.

Desired Traits:Has some wrenching skills or willingness to pitch in and help the team by run errands etc.

In other words be part of the team to keep ride running and have fun! 

Wondering what do you get to drive?

Well, it is 1973 VW Transporter w/open top, with a freshly rebuilt 1995 Toyota Tacoma 4 cyl. engine and in the final stages of getting race prepped. You do need to share some of the team costs to enter the race, gas, etc.

If this has piqued your interest we need to hear from you no later than Sunday (4/23) afternoon.

Plano- Since your in a time crunch I recommend posting on one of several different FB threads that Lemons guys follow like the Unofficial Lemons page, the Citrus or whatever it's called now page, maybe even the $500 classified page with admin permission.  BTW- the penalty for at track registration is not that huge, like $15 for a one time use license. 

Good Luck and love your choice of cars!!!

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, 93 NX2000, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive, 2017 Thompson I Got Screwed

Meyers - We will take look. Thank you for your suggestion.

Hi Plano, we live real close to Plano and I'm really surprised there's not more DFW people around! Our group (aka family) are just car people we have never been to a 24 hr of Lemons but have watched enthusiastically we did some dirt track racing years ago we are both pretty good with a wrench especially under a shade tree....I was kinda looking to get our feet wet of sorts in perhaps helping with working on vehicle or whatever. Hubby and I been married 30 years have a 19 yr old daughter and 13 yr old son which everyone in this family gets grease under their nails! Well this is my first time posting too...lol make fun of me later but let me know what ya think!?! Thanks

Hi Cord960,

Planoracer and I might be meeting up tomorrow with another person and was wondering if you have time to meet up after 1:00? 

Thanks
Kevin

Kevin, where?

Hello cord960,

Kevin and I live in the Plano area. The other person we are planning to meet is in Flower Mound. So we are planning to meet in the Carrollton area. Please send me a text at 972 365 4444.

Thanks,
PlanoRacer

Did you folks end up forming the team?
I am looking for a team for MSR Houston in Nov.
Live in the Dallas area.

Thanks

Hi CrazyGreenChicken,

Yes, we have formed a team and have acquired a BMW E36 as well. We are in the process of stripping the car to put in a roll cage. We are planning work on the car for a bit this weekend in Plano. Send me text and we can go from there.

16 (edited by mark4jon 2017-08-09 02:10 PM)

HI Kevin, Sreeni,
Looking forward to some more wrench time this week. Just posting here to join the thread.

Vik

Hi guys. Just ran across this thread. I live just east of McKinney and my neighbor and I are interested in joining a team. We're both mechanically inclined and he is a semi professional driver. We have a race trailer fully equipped with tools, jack, stands, compressor, and anything else you need for the track. Both of us drive full size trucks that are capable of pulling trailer and car.

My name is Roman
Shoot me a text and let me know if y'all are looking for one or two more drivers. Willing to start from the bottom and work my way up.

Hi Roman,

Look forward to meeting you and your buddy. What time and weekday/ weekend works best for you guys.

Vik