Topic: Video of the #34 Alfa incident Saturday afternoon

Does anyone have video of the incident that took out the #34 Alfa Saturday afternoon between turn 11 and Start/Finish. Our driver has no idea what happened but it appears somebody got into us in the passenger door and that is what turned the car into the wall. We're not looking to blame anyone, just would like to know what happened.

Wes Conklin
Team California Mille
2007 Eyetalian Class Champions
20+ races and still going strong, Finally won one. Pacific Northworst Winner 2012.

2 (edited by Duder 2017-03-27 02:58 PM)

Re: Video of the #34 Alfa incident Saturday afternoon

My team was involved - I wasn't driving at the time but the story I heard was that a 3rd car (early black RX-7) hit our car and then yours, coming out of turn 11. Our driver managed to regain control. I didn't see the wreck but happened to walk by the front straight just afterward and looked like the RX-7 had spun and then drove away with a dented nose. We don't have video, unfortunately.

Sad to see your car get taken out that way. Let me know if we can do anything to help with the new build. I know an Alfa guy here in the LA area, for what it's worth, but don't have any direct connections for Alfettas or knowledge of them. We have a fab shop near Compton but IIRC you guys are based up north.

I don't know you guys personally but it was nice talking with a few of your team; you make a hell of a pasta dinner!

-Chris

-Chris
El Dorado E36 Lemons Camper @blackironracing
Viccup (P71 x F250) GRM build thread
Volvos & Roadmaster @cflodailyturismo  CFloMoTo

Re: Video of the #34 Alfa incident Saturday afternoon

Duder wrote:

My team was involved - I wasn't driving at the time but the story I heard was that a 3rd car (early black RX-7) hit our car and then yours, coming out of turn 11. Our driver managed to regain control. I didn't see the wreck but happened to walk by the front straight just afterward and looked like the RX-7 had spun and then drove away with a dented nose. We don't have video, unfortunately.

Sad to see your car get taken out that way. Let me know if we can do anything to help with the new build. I know an Alfa guy here in the LA area, for what it's worth, but don't have any direct connections for Alfettas or knowledge of them. We have a fab shop near Compton but IIRC you guys are based up north.

I don't know you guys personally but it was nice talking with a few of your team; you make a hell of a pasta dinner!

-Chris

According to the Racecast footage it seem the #212 Rx-7 was also involved. Lemons Black flag was looking for them after the incident.

Thanks for the offer but we are a little ways away. Not to worry this car is a Phoenix and will rise again.

Wes Conklin
Team California Mille
2007 Eyetalian Class Champions
20+ races and still going strong, Finally won one. Pacific Northworst Winner 2012.