Topic: Recreational Ve-hick-aling at CMP

Tunachuckers have decided to "upgrade" our accommodations at this next race and are renting a motorized tenement on wheels.  It'll have it's own generator, so no more futzing about with the cloth-insulated, 8 amp fused, WWI-era paddock power. 

However, the RV has a 35 gallon waste water tank, and we'll probably need to dump that at least once over the course of the weekend (cuz we also plan on showering in our rolling testament to opulence and frivolity).  Anyone have experience where to dump grey/ black water nearby?  I assume there isn't a (approved) place to do so at the track.

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

Re: Recreational Ve-hick-aling at CMP

There isn't a dump station at CMP.

Your RV has a single waste tank? Most have separate black and grey tanks. It will be grey water that fills up fastest. You can buy tanks that you can carry and dump in toilets in the restroom.

Something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Tote-N-Stor-2560 … water+tank

I'm so glad our RV doesn't have any plumbing.

Of course at 0600 when I'm taking a cold shower by a drop light in the grungy CMP shower stall, I may think differently.

You guys are going to love NCM. It's got Barber-class facilities, just less of them.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

TrackGeeks_Chris wrote:

There isn't a dump station at CMP.

Your RV has a single waste tank? Most have separate black and grey tanks. It will be grey water that fills up fastest. You can buy tanks that you can carry and dump in toilets in the restroom.

Something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Tote-N-Stor-2560 … water+tank

You show me $100 15 gallon tank, I see 3 gas cans.  ;-)

Not sure if it has separate grey and black water or not.  I'm going to actively discourage using the shitter in said RV so that it does not become full.

'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"

5 (edited by mechimike 2017-04-10 07:39 AM)

rmcdaniels wrote:

I'm so glad our RV doesn't have any plumbing.

Of course at 0600 when I'm taking a cold shower by a drop light in the grungy CMP shower stall, I may think differently.

You guys are going to love NCM. It's got Barber-class facilities, just less of them.

I should have clarified, our next race is at CMP.  Since a number of our team members (myself included) are at the "breeding tiny humans" life stage, we're doing just one race a year.

I remember that. The first of my tiny humans is driving now. Oddly enough, she drives a car that is the same year/make/model as the Duff car.

rmcdaniels wrote:

I remember that. The first of my tiny humans is driving now. Oddly enough, she drives a car that is the same year/make/model as the Duff car.

She drives a Dodge Electrica?  You're a brave father.

No, the real Duff car, a 1995 Honda Civic 4-door. It was actually a backup shell in case we ever smashed up the Duff car too badly. I tore it apart and replaced everything, along with a cylinder head and some other parts from the big pile of Terminally Confused spares that I got from Craig when they got rid of their single-cam powertrains. It's a bit smashed up and has mismatched body panels, but it runs well and gets great MPG.

Take navy showers (water on only when needed). Will likely last all weekend depending on how many.

I really hated Navy showers.

rlchv70 wrote:

Take navy showers (water on only when needed). Will likely last all weekend depending on how many.

That's the backup plan.  As much as I love the constant stream of hot water while I'm showering, I think the minor inconvenience of shutting off the water while sudsing up will still beat traipsing halfway across the paddock with a towel around my waist at 2AM to use a cold garden hose hung up in an uninsulated cinder block building.