Topic: NCM Vehicle fire pics or vid?

Hey gang, 

Did anybody get any pictures of those morons whose car caught on fire last weekend? (it was us...) 

Thanks,
Phil
Wheel Team 6

Re: NCM Vehicle fire pics or vid?

When/where was the fire? If it lasted for more than ~3min, it'll be on the Duff cam.

Duff Beer Civic (#128) -- 2014 Sebring - Class B (#1 of 7), 2016 Barber - Class B
1981 Jet Electrica 007 [Plymouth Horizon TC3] (#128) -- Mk.1 - Index of Effluency Eco (IOEe) @ 2016 Lemons South Fall, Mk.2 - Judges' Choice @ 2017 'Shine Country Classic, Mk.3 - Index of Effluency @ 2017 Southern Discomfort

One of those Toyota-sponsored teams was streaming their in-car camera to Facebook Live, but I'm not sure if it was going the whole race. I think it was the team from the factory in Indiana, with the red and white Camry.

4 (edited by Spank 2017-07-11 01:57 PM)

belmontspecial wrote:

Hey gang, 

Did anybody get any pictures of those morons whose car caught on fire last weekend? (it was us...) 

Thanks,
Phil
Wheel Team 6

email jeff@24hoursoflemons.com

He's got one from the tower, I think

the BEST part of the whole story is when the driver said, while gesturing to his watch, "Yea, my heart rate was higher on my first stint on the track than it was while pulling the pin and putting out the fire."

I passed by just as the driver was putting out the fire.  Pretty sure our camera was dead by then, but I'm waiting for the camera owner to pull the Sunday data to confirm.  Every corner worker across the rest of the track was hanging out of the flag stands taking pictures for the next lap or two.   To be sure, pictures are out there. We just haven't seen any yet.

Apparently my name is really "Craigers".  Who knew?
We might be yellow, but at least we are slow
I'm a WINNER!

6 (edited by steve 2017-07-12 11:30 AM)

I dont remember what day and time it was but we may have it on some videos that we posted already. Shoot me a reply and I'll check. I do remember that I was in the car and saw it blazing, We did lose the camera sometime Saturday afternoon though.

2010, 26th @ CMP, 2011, 10th & 5th at CMP, 2012? (MIA), 2013 Spring CMP, 53rd, 2013 Fall CMP 44th, 2014 Barber 14th, 2014 CMP 46th, 2015 CMP 57th, 2015 CMP 80th, 2016 CMP 16th, 3rd in B class, Winner Judges choice, and First car under 2.0 liter Alex's lemon aide stand winner. 2017 WRL, Road Atlanta 43rd, 2017 NCM 9th O/A , 1st in B class, 2018 CMP 13th O/A 3rd in Class B

Based on my call list it was around 12 on Sunday, because I called my wife after the car got towed in to tell her not to hurry back that the car caught fire as I was driving. 

She immediately asked if there were any pictures. 

Yeah, I'm fine, thanks.

Hope to see you guys back for a few more laps next time!
Barber (Birmingham AL) is usually in February if you are looking for a reasonably local track.

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

We enjoyed the hell out of meeting everyone, seeing the cars, and being welcome to the community.  I think you've got fans for life over here. 

Road Atlanta will (hopefully) be our next event.  1/2 our crew will be gone for that, so we'll bring in some new drivers.  The other half of the crew will be gone during Barber, but we absolutely want to hit NCM or CMP next year.  Can't do CMP this year, we'll be working. 

Thanks again to all.

Got a little bit of video on it as we went by, it starts at around the 1;20 mark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyYQds1 … FtIJQEoC4Z

2010, 26th @ CMP, 2011, 10th & 5th at CMP, 2012? (MIA), 2013 Spring CMP, 53rd, 2013 Fall CMP 44th, 2014 Barber 14th, 2014 CMP 46th, 2015 CMP 57th, 2015 CMP 80th, 2016 CMP 16th, 3rd in B class, Winner Judges choice, and First car under 2.0 liter Alex's lemon aide stand winner. 2017 WRL, Road Atlanta 43rd, 2017 NCM 9th O/A , 1st in B class, 2018 CMP 13th O/A 3rd in Class B

Some video from inside the Bee.  I pass the fire close to the 1:02:00 mark.

https://youtu.be/r0dspmUlYoA?t=1h2m7s

Apparently my name is really "Craigers".  Who knew?
We might be yellow, but at least we are slow
I'm a WINNER!

Awesome videos, thanks for sharing!