Topic: Hocotex Firesuit??

I am a sweaty pig and would like a more breathable suit. I am looking at the Sparco Victory RS4 made with Hocotex

Single Layer Construction. Multi-Layer Protection.
The Victory RS-4 is the result of over 3 years of research and development. Sparco has patented a new technology called HOCOTEX® which revolutionizes the way racing suits are made. This new exclusive Sparco technology creates a single layer fabric which has the protection of what is normally achieved by a multi-layer fabric. The Victory RS-4 is the only single layer suit to pass the SFI 3.2/5 rating. The Victory RS-4 is both SFI 3.2A/5 and FIA 8856-2000 homologated.

The rules state:

Multilayer suits rated SFI 3.2/A5 or higher are highly recommended and may be worn without long underwear

So will I be good with a single layer that still meets SFI/FIA without Nomex underwear?

Thanks!

Re: Hocotex Firesuit??

Yes as long as it's SFI rated as you say.
Take a look at raceimage.com for used NASCAR suits, You can generally buy a higher quality gently used suit for less money. I like the two piece suits.

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

I should have got my suit there, at race image....

I love this one...

http://www.raceimage.com/Kentucky-Fried … 13682.html

Maybe the KFC team will pick it up...?

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022

Thanks for the heads up Brett. I just picked up one from raceimage. Leaves more money for cold beverages