Topic: Doors for 1973 MG MGB Chicagoland, IL $20

I've got a pair of doors complete with glass, latches, etc. for a '73 MGB up on Craigslist. The phone hasn't exactly been ringing off the hook, and I'd like these to not go to waste.  Give me $20 for the pair to make it worth the trouble of setting up an appointment to meet you and they're yours.

Photos:
https://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/pts/ … 07286.html

Re: Doors for 1973 MG MGB Chicagoland, IL $20

Bring them to Autobahn and make the Victory Auto Wreckers penalty easier on teams.

https://youtu.be/yrIUZ1xF49k

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
16x Loser with the Celica. 5 times loser in other fine machines

That's a classic!

4 (edited by BoB 2017-07-21 09:33 AM)

I might be interested.  My 76 has the crack of doom starting on the passenger that the previously owner jbwelded so it doesn't get worse,  but a non crack of doomed door may be nice if I ever get around to repainting.

The driver side is the one with the rust problem right?

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

Not sure these '73 doors would fit a '76 without mods.  I had a '77B and, as I recall, there were some differences in the latch hardware which prevented me from using these doors. The later rubber bumper cars had an extra strengthening beam in the door and a secondary anti-burst catch/latch, which, if memory serves was basically a U shaped metal piece on the body of the car and a special round headed post on the edge of the door.  On second thought, maybe these will fit but will render the secondary anti burst catch/latch inoperative and I decided not to fit them for safety reasons.

Yes, the driver's side is the one with the rust through. I think I see early traces of the crack of doom at the very top edges of the doors though.

Let me know if you still want to look at them.

Nathan

I really don't like my passengers that much so I'm fine with them falling out, but if its also starting to crack I'll probably end up in the same spot so yeah I'guess I'll pass.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

I wound up putting them out for the metal scavengers, they're probably going to become a fridge now!  So it goes....