1 (edited by slavie 2017-07-31 08:36 AM)

Topic: Brooklyn team looking for 4th driver for Thompson

TEAM IS NOW FULL.
Thank you all for your consideration. Fewer than 2 weeks left - good luck to all teams getting your heaps ready.

Hello,

Looking for a 4th driver to come join our sled for Thompson, CT race coming up in a few weeks. Car is a '96 Toyota Celica GT, 5 spd manual. We are a new team and this is a new car, and I did not skimp on it - started with a running vehicle that had cosmetic body damage. Car is stock drivetrain, no crazy swaps to add points of potential failure. Very nice cage professionally built by Chris Howard. New seat w/ adj sliders & back brace, 6pt Schroth harness, team radios, cool suit cooler, Schroth SHR Flex FHR available if you don't have your own FHR. Engine was thoroughly checked over, excellent compression, etc. Brakes, tires, suspension are getting attention as well.

Goal is to run clean, stay out of trouble, have a great time. Typical arrangement - $350 Lemons entry fees, another $250-$350 in consumables (gas, brake pads, tires, etc)

Team is based out of Brooklyn, NY. You can join us for one race or on more permanent basis. Want to see what it's all about as non-driving crew member? No problem.
If interested, send me a message, let me know what you know and what you've done, and we can take the conversation from there.

Thanks!

Re: Brooklyn team looking for 4th driver for Thompson

I have experience driving from street stocks (rookie of the year 1991, champion 1992) to late model (a few wins), to prostock (one win), to dirt modified(Most fun I have ever had behind a wheel) all up here in NH. Hung up my helmet to start a family and career, ran a few prostock races through the 2000s but nothing full time, just filled in for friends. I ran my own Lemons car in 2014 in NH until the fuel rail came loose and spilled gas all over a hot motor...............well I think you can figure that one out smile ran consistent laps around 1:30+s. was invited to run another car at Thompson, and NHIS in 2015, and again in NHIS in 2016 although

I have spent many hours with that team working hard and having fun, they sadly they will not make Thompson this year. I have slowly been rebuilding my charred ride and will also not be done for Thompson but will re debut at NHIS.

I Chief a Modified team on a weekly basis at Monadnock Speedway, and crew with the same team on a tour Modified every other week at Claremont Speedway.

I take care of equipment and respect others on the track as in Lemons your really not racing the guy in front of you, beside you, or the car spun in the grass, your racing time.:)

let me know what you think
Mike

proren32@gmail.com

not to highjack the thread. Slavie, where you located in brooklyn?

https://www.facebook.com/greatglobsofoil/
This car....Is said to have a will of it's Own. Twisting its own body in rage...It accelerates on.
1978 Opel/Buick Isuzu - 4 races, IOE, Incredible Feats in Badge Engineering 1996 Ford Probe GT - under a knife
http://i.imgur.com/m3KbADo.gif

4 (edited by MZAVARIN 2017-07-21 07:01 PM)

hmmm...
I wonder if "slavie" is Slavic....

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Opus #28  (still can't win anything...)

MZAVARIN wrote:

hmmm...

Could not possibly be... Where would you get such an idea from???

Hey, I'm interested getting involved.  I'm in brooklyn, have some wench skills, have done a couple motor swaps, have a truck, lots of body and paint experience as well as composite fabrication... totally new lemon curious, could help in anyway.  would like to meet/hear more about it.
szarekstudio@gmail.com

7 (edited by MZAVARIN 2017-07-25 06:12 PM)

slavie wrote:
MZAVARIN wrote:

hmmm...

Ok Bratva.....this is the plan: we invite this Slavie character over to our garage for a little "vecherinka" get together in the evening...next, Yuri, you brew some of your "special" samagon hooch....then we'll have a little vodka nastoyka tasting in our garage...we'll get this guy soaked, and then sit him down if front of your ride, Andrey, with the high beams on....and next,  I'll do a little dopros questioning ....KGB style....to find out exactly what kind of little cheatonium he has planted in his car for the race...

(welcome to the madness...!)

z

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Opus #28  (still can't win anything...)

Hello. My name is Joseph Ojea, and I'm just getting on here and learning about Lemons.. I'm looking to get my SCCA licens in the beginning of next year. I'm trying to get my racing career underway, and I'm starting with that. However I'm ready to get something rolling.. I see you're looking for a driver. I am your man... I'm from Louisiana, but I drive 18 wheelers and travel a lot, so distance is no big deal for me. I'm looking for someone who can show me the ropes and teach me what I need to know.. I see a lot of comments saying "I'm not the fastest, but I can get it back in one piece " well, I'm a little in lack of experience, but I'm confident. I'm very keen behind the wheel, and I will be the fastest.. I want to have fun of course, but I want to win too.. all I'm looking for is a shot.. you'll be happy if you give it to me. 225-614-4470 I have text. Please let me know what's up. - Joseph Ojea
P.s. I have a wrench man that was in the military, and knows very minimal.. but he's my right hand. And he's willing to follow directions and learn. His name is Michael.

MZAVARIN wrote:
slavie wrote:
MZAVARIN wrote:

hmmm...

Ok Bratva.....this is the plan: we invite this Slavie character over to our garage for a little "vecherinka" get together in the evening...next, Yuri, you brew some of your "special" samagon hooch....then we'll have a little vodka nastoyka tasting in our garage...we'll get this guy soaked, and then sit him down if front of your ride, Andrey, with the high beams on....and next,  I'll do a little dopros questioning ....KGB style....to find out exactly what kind of little cheatonium he has planted in his car for the race...

z

You are very cavalier about your strategic supply of hooch - all is well with your plan, except for you ain't gonna have any samagon left for the race weekend at this pace.

slavie wrote:
MZAVARIN wrote:
slavie wrote:

z

You are very cavalier about your strategic supply of hooch - all is well with your plan, except for you ain't gonna have any samagon left for the race weekend at this pace.

supply and demand, more demand, more supply big_smile
I still need to swing by, you are like 10 min away from my house....

https://www.facebook.com/greatglobsofoil/
This car....Is said to have a will of it's Own. Twisting its own body in rage...It accelerates on.
1978 Opel/Buick Isuzu - 4 races, IOE, Incredible Feats in Badge Engineering 1996 Ford Probe GT - under a knife
http://i.imgur.com/m3KbADo.gif