Topic: Seat mount question

Ok, we are at the point we are tired of not having the seat securely mounted when we drive the car around the subdivision so we need to mount it.  My plan is to weld 1/8" plat to the floor pan, then for the front of the seat, weld a 1" x 2" tube to give the seat a little rise for our shorter drivers and get low for us taller guys so we clear the cage.  Here is the question.  The pan is not flat, it is rippled.  Do we need to cut and weld in a flat section or could we weld over the ripples?

Skip "Mongo" L.
Team DadBod

Re: Seat mount question

I believe the rule is defined loosely as securely mounted.  So no play in the seat.  If you can do that either method seems appropriate.  Look into sliders too if you have a large enough difference in driver height.

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, 93 NX2000, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive, 2017 Thompson I Got Screwed, 2019 Pitt Heroic Fix

Ok,  that's what we were thinking,  just wanted another opinion.   We have sliders because we range from 5 foot 7 too 6 foot 3

Skip "Mongo" L.
Team DadBod

4 (edited by OnkelUdo 2017-07-28 06:33 PM)

We just used GIANT washers for both ends on the Saturn.  The rear "washer" as 3" x 18" while the front was  two plates to include the crotch belt... probably each  3" x 10".