Topic: Noob question... Parking lot camping at The Ridge Motorsports Park?

First time going to a Lemons event and I'm going to next weekend's race in WA as a spectator to take photos and goof off. I live about 90 minutes from Shelton so I thought about just sleeping in my Jeep each night. Does anyone familiar with the park know if camping out in a doorless Jeep is a bad idea there (or even allowed)? I'm not familiar with the parking situation, don't want to get kidnapped by junkies in the middle of the night and have my organs harvested.

Re: Noob question... Parking lot camping at The Ridge Motorsports Park?

Registered teams pay $50 to camp on site at the tracks we race. Better email Lemons HQ and ask.

M45 Racing,
#45 '08 Subaru WRX,
#4  '63 Studebaker Avanti, IOE, The Ridge 2016
#19 '90 Thunderbird Super Coupe(retired) Organizers Choice Award, Sears 2015

You're more likely to be kidnapped by racers and have your Jeep parts harvested.....

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

Actually, most likely to get sticker bombed.

Camping out at any Lemons event is pretty kosher...adopt a team and if anyone asks say you are with them (no one will ask).

Lol waking up with everything covered in stickers would be hilarious. Waking up without a water pump slightly less so... I emailed the track and didn't hear back but didn't even think about emailing Lemons HQ.

Hey Pasta,
It's pretty rural out there, nobody will mess with your stuff. Silversleeves "Racing" will be out there with a full compliment of Class C Bristish crap, stop by and say hi!

Silversleeves Racing
Austin Mini #42 | John Lemmons Wolseley Hornet
Austin 1800 #49  V6 Landcrab - Organizer's Choice PNW2013 | Class C Winner 2015
Barbie's Corvette #44 - Organizer's Choice PNW2014

swindrum wrote:

Hey Pasta,
It's pretty rural out there, nobody will mess with your stuff. Silversleeves "Racing" will be out there with a full compliment of Class C Bristish crap, stop by and say hi!

Yesss, I love the vintage British crap, I'll definitely look for you.

Nick from HQ emailed me back and said I could totally pull off camping with the cool kids as long as I stayed out of the way, but I decided I didn't want to deal with a bunch of crap (that and my only tent is an 8 person 2 bedroom behemoth that screams "not staying out of the way"). I think I'm back to just taking a nap in the passenger seat lol. I was originally going to come in Friday afternoon but I think one night in the Jeep will be bad enough so now I'm shooting for Saturday morning.

If you plan to build a team, you need to be there before 5 PM Friday even if it means missing Sunday.