26 (edited by Team Infinniti 2017-09-02 09:01 PM)

Re: Lemony Diff cooler?

gunn wrote:

I think the guys who built the twin turbo taxi used something like this. I bought one from them used but after deciding we didn't have a diff issue (never overheated one yet), I sold it off to Mike (Scrubby's owner).
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Electric-Tu … 1065464535

Another tbird guy on the east coast showed me that he once rigged up a pump for his overheating diff cooler with a power steering pump mounted in the trunk. It was driven by a belt that went around the drive shaft. Very rube golbergy but apparently worked. Even if there was a little slippage, there was still some pumping of oil by the repurposed PS pump into the heat exchanger and then back into the diff.

-g

We bought the other turbo taxi return pump to make a diff cooler. 3/8 rubber lines, a big trans cooler done up very similar to the BMW, pump is draw-through, one difference... all was built  level with the normal fluid to guarantee  flow. Without it we would not survive.

If I were to do it on another car I would go up a size on all lines/fittings/cooler

Saying that, run some ducked air and a gauge to see if there is a concern before jumping through hoops.

Homestead Chump 5th-Sebring 6th-PBIR Lemons 9th - Charlotte Chump  CrashnBurn 9th
Sebring 6th again -NOLA Chump 1st -PBIR Chump Trans Fail 16th
Daytona 11th - Sebring 6th - Atlanta Motor Speedway 2nd - Road Atlanta Trans Fail 61st-Road Atlanta 5th
Daytona 13th - Charlotte 9th - Sebring 2nd-Charlotte 25th broken brakes - Road Atlanta 14 10th-Daytona 14  58th- Humid TT 19th Judges' Choice!

Just a quick tip but i have found the airtex lift pump used in GM 6.5 turbo diesels works perfect for silly little applications like this.  PN is E8011. They are junkyard available near me, otherwise $30 new.  They are positive displacement, very small, and flow just about 1gpm each in free flow.  As with any positive displacement pump, you will have no issue mounting it after the cooler.  Amp draw is 2-7A depending on fluid temperature.

Mike @ Charnal House Inc.
Like us on Facebook!
Or send us a message at CharnalHouse@gmail.com

shamwow wrote:

Just a quick tip but i have found the airtex lift pump used in GM 6.5 turbo diesels works perfect for silly little applications like this.  PN is E8011. They are junkyard available near me, otherwise $30 new.  They are positive displacement, very small, and flow just about 1gpm each in free flow.  As with any positive displacement pump, you will have no issue mounting it after the cooler.  Amp draw is 2-7A depending on fluid temperature.

Does a pump like this survive the temps?

https://www.facebook.com/greatglobsofoil/
This car....Is said to have a will of it's Own. Twisting its own body in rage...It accelerates on.
1978 Opel/Buick Isuzu(C>B>C>B) , 1996 Nissan Maxima OnlyFans (B) , Sold 1996 Ford Probe GT(B),

shamwow wrote:

These list as a fuel pump,will they handle MTF?

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019