Topic: Moscow Rally 2018

Hey guys I'm new to the Lemons Rally. Does anyone know when they will open registration for the 2018 Moscow to paris rally? I gotta slam a transmission is my focus wagon and wanted to know a time frame.

thanks!

-dan

Re: Moscow Rally 2018

Very soon. We have the basic overnight stops planned for it; the registration page should come up soon. We'll announce it everywhere soon.

https://24hoursoflemons.com/lemons-rally/

https://www.motorsportreg.com/orgs/lemons-rally

https://www.facebook.com/LemonsRally/

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

If we do the deals gap thing again perhaps you could notify them

they would probably at least open the gas pumps or parking lot

you could also consider fontana dam as an overnight. it's right behind the dragon and will be hella cheap that time of year it's all cabins and hotel rooms could probably snag that stuff for crazy cheap

they got tons of parking and fire pits

http://www.fontanavillage.com/

Awesome thanks guys!

5 (edited by squirrel 2017-11-03 06:45 PM)

I guess this thread is over, so now we can hijack it with other stuff about the Moscow Rally 2018....?????

I've been thinking I need to go on this one, because it's a hella long drive there from AZ, and it'll be colder than a witch's ***ty, and I need to be helping the robot team that time of the year, etc.

so I've been looking at cars to buy for it. I'm thinking old....like 1940s old.

But then I realized I have a couple old things sitting around the house that might work. Specifically, the hearse or the bread truck. Still waiting for David to do the title on the hearse. But the bread truck...hmmm....it might work.

55 Chevy chassis, ABC body, from Los Angeles. No motor in it right now, it came with the 235, but PO removed it and put in a 305 v8. which I removed because it didn't fit very well. I have a couple 292 sixes I could put together for it. Or the 270 that's in the 58 GMC school bus (the bus is another candidate, but further from working). I already put a slightly newer rearend in the bread truck, and got some front wheels on it that don't match the back, but they're a size I can get tires for.

the bread truck is empty in back, and would need some type of cheesy living quarters. so I don't have to spend all my gas money on hotel rooms. I think a furnace would be the most important thing. And a couple big propane tanks.

http://selectric.org/55van/index.html

I Survived Hell on Wheels, Car Weeeak, Route Sucky Suck, etc.

Hi All,

Newbie question - Does anyone know when we will receive an itinerary? I am registered for the event just wondering if I should be making hotel reservations or any thing like that.

jp.rally wrote:

Hi All,

Newbie question - Does anyone know when we will receive an itinerary? I am registered for the event just wondering if I should be making hotel reservations or any thing like that.

We had hotels last year and broke down so much we didn't make our rooms twice. We are going to just rent a room same day. prices this time of year stay the same.

jp.rally wrote:

Hi All,

You can just find rooms when you need them, like mentioned above, or book ahead. Your call.

The Hotel list:

Monday Jan 29
Comfort inn Clark Summit
811 Northern Blvd
Clark's Summit PA 18411

Tuesday Jan 30
Best Western Plus
2809 Atlantic ave
Virginia beach VA 23451

Wednesday Jan 31
Comfort Inn and suites
19521 Liverpool Parkway
Cornelius NC 28031

Thursday Feb 1
Comfort Inn Downtown Nashville
1501 Demonbreun St
Nashville TN 37203

firebus wrote:
jp.rally wrote:

Hi All,

You can just find rooms when you need them, like mentioned above, or book ahead. Your call.

The Hotel list:

Monday Jan 29
Comfort inn Clark Summit
811 Northern Blvd
Clark's Summit PA 18411

Tuesday Jan 30
Best Western Plus
2809 Atlantic ave
Virginia beach VA 23451

Wednesday Jan 31
Comfort Inn and suites
19521 Liverpool Parkway
Cornelius NC 28031

Thursday Feb 1
Comfort Inn Downtown Nashville
1501 Demonbreun St
Nashville TN 37203

Thanks for the info. I think I will just book a room for the first night in PA and wing it from there. On the last day we end in Nashville? Where does Leeds, AL come in?

Day 4 gets from Nashville to Leeds...

Hampton Inn, Leeds AL is at the track/ destination

Taking a guess for that last day b/c awards are at night.
Nashville > dragon > Leeds
About same distance as
Nashville > Paris > barber was last year

guilty187 wrote:
jp.rally wrote:

Hi All,

We had hotels last year and broke down so much we didn't make our rooms twice. We are going to just rent a room same day. prices this time of year stay the same.

One word of caution on that - last year in Memphis, we came up against a Garth Brooks double header concert or something (I was tired, the hotel receptionist was apologizing for telling me that they didn't have any rooms before even finding out if I had a reservation, she was rambling, I was tired, I WAS REALLY TIRED, so I kind of glossed over the details) that literally had every hotel room in the city booked. At least one team that was flying without a net ended up driving on to Paris that night and getting a room there.

I'd at least check to make sure Nashville isn't in a similar situation.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

is there an attendee list out yet , like we had last year .. https://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm … F688EA4F5F   .. one week to go

I miss the attendee lists, FWIW. Kinda late to get one for this, but.

Butts!