1 (edited by kelley0 2017-10-27 06:36 AM)

Topic: silly question

Dose seat belt  stays or something to keep belts from sliding on harness bar?
I am really confused.
Any help will be appreciated.

Re: silly question

We don't use stays, since our harness bar is quite far from the smaller drivers and hans hnr recommends crossing the belts at that distance. I have to run them without crossing them over.

Capt. Delinquent Racing
RUST-TITE XR4Ti - '21 ARSE-FREEZE-APALOOZA  I Got Screwed
The One & Only Taurus V8 SHO #31(now moved on to another OG Delinquent)
'17 Vodden the Hell - (No) Hope for the Future Award, '08 AMP Survivor, '08 ARSE-FREEZE-APALOOZA Mega-Cheater

A piece of suitably sized tubing (cooling hose can work) slit longitudinally and secured to the harness bar with a hose clamp works wonders.

Electric Mayhem Racing

Nothing keeps them from sliding except tension.  Once the belts are tight, they find the position directly behind the driver/seat holes and they stay there.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

Some people do this to keep the belts in place when slacked:

https://www.agency-power.com/wp-content/uploads/AP-FST-500_4.jpg

10x loser (Arse-Freeze '11 - Vodden '15) 1x WINNER! Arse-Freeze '14 in the Watermelon Volvo Wagon
Swedish Knievel Skycycle('90 Volvo 740 Wagon)

We used couple of sections of rubber sewer couplings secured in place with electrical tape.  Keeps the shoulder belts nice and centered with the seat openings.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

I used two extra roll bar clamps I had from the cockpit build out to just keep em roughly in place.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport