Re: 2018 Schedule Thread

I'm kind of bummed that NCM isn't back on the schedule.  I enjoyed the track, facilities, and the Bowling Green area in general.  sad

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

And now I have 10 months, not 11, to get ready.

'18 PNW-Organizer's Choice '17 PNW-IOE '15 PNW-Judge's Choice '14 PNW-Heroic Fix
Jagvair 2.0 Build   Jagvair YouTube  Jagvair Facebook

No Pit, and no NCM.....

:-(

88 Festiva  -  Damn Tree!!!
"We Are Not Really From Iran" Festiva  -  Motor and Trans to be anounced

NOLA is back, though!

Bummed we couldn't swap out Arizona for going back to Miller in Utah, especially since i'm moving to SLC.
Oh well, the track people at Inde are very cool and it's a great, if remote, facility.

Bert One - 1981 Volvo 262c Bertone | Ernie - 1990 Nissan 240SX

skivittlerjimb wrote:

Bummed we couldn't swap out Arizona for going back to Miller in Utah, especially since i'm moving to SLC.
Oh well, the track people at Inde are very cool and it's a great, if remote, facility.

I'm guessing it may have to do with the uncertain future of the Utah track; I expect to hear any day that they are going to waste that beautiful facility and build more McMansions. I can't see how they are able to keep it up to the standard Larry Miller wanted; I imagine it's kind of depressing to go to a place that is going to seed if you remember when it was awesome. By the time the McMansions spread to Inde, I'll be dust. Glad to still have a "nearby" option; for our team to swing two races a year, one had better be in AZ. Our 2015 swing thru CA, UT, and CO races was too much of a good thing.

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)

FUCK YEAH NOLA

Sad about the lack of NCM, but my pocketbook is happy. Good to see we've already been invited back to Road Atlanta sight-unseen.

33 (edited by SwarlesInCharge 2017-09-27 03:56 PM)

COTA backwards so that every car can hit 100 mph?

Ah, schedule is up now and not just speculation. Oh well, maybe next year!

-Robert, Party Sheep Racing
The Jerry Lundegaard GMAC Financing Award, Joliet 2013 [Cutlass Ciera w/ Iron Duke]
Eta E30: IL Fall '15, MI Spring '16, IL Summer '16, MI Spring '17, KY '17, MI Summer '21, KY '21, MI Summer '21, MI Fall '22

When do the rules updates for the next year typically post?

1975 Chevy LUV.  1 Corinthians 13:7
1999 Chevy Blazer

COTA would be awesome, says the person who lives in Austin. Hi. Hi. HI.

NOLA sounds fun, though, although I miss having two Texas races I could plausibly bring a parsh to.

THE GOD'S HAVE ANSWERED........NOLA.....TIME TO TAKE THE CAR OUT FROM THE BACK OF THE SHED.

Huskar wrote:

When do the rules updates for the next year typically post?

With the Schedule Monkey off everyone's back, I'll find out for you.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

38 (edited by pseudosport 2017-09-28 06:46 AM)

NJMP is on Mother's Day again hmm

Nuthin' but a Z Thang -  1976 Datsun 280Z

pseudosport wrote:

NJMP is on Mother's Day again hmm

As is tradition.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

Just noticed via the email that 2 CA dates are still listed as "tentative"

May 19-20: Thunderhill Raceway Park, Willows CA*
Sept 29-30: Buttonwillow Raceway Park, Buttonwillow CA*

Spank wrote:

Just noticed via the email that 2 CA dates are still listed as "tentative"

May 19-20: Thunderhill Raceway Park, Willows CA*
Sept 29-30: Buttonwillow Raceway Park, Buttonwillow CA*

The Reno Promoter's Workshop in November is where a lot of west coast race tracks used to firm up their dates for the following year.  Perhaps that is the holdup.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

OnkelUdo wrote:
cabinboy wrote:

They moved the April midwest race to the warmer side of Lake Michigan.

You have now cursed us.  Everyone prepare for an ice storm in April centered directly over Joliet, IL.

No, knowing Gingerman there will be a whiteout blizzard in July because Just Because.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

Guildenstern wrote:
OnkelUdo wrote:
cabinboy wrote:

They moved the April midwest race to the warmer side of Lake Michigan.

You have now cursed us.  Everyone prepare for an ice storm in April centered directly over Joliet, IL.

No, knowing Gingerman there will be a whiteout blizzard in July because Just Because.

You joke but this happened to me on a motorcycle trip in Denver.  All passes to the south were closed for 3-4 hours a day for snow removal on June 6-8 with continuing snowfall to 4 PM.  On June 9 we said screw it and just went.  Got soaked to the bone from wet snow by the time we hit Walsenburg and had our best on-the-road meal of our lives while drying the gear in the hotel room.

So yeah, tragedy could ensue but great stories will be guaranteed if it does.

Type44 wrote:
skivittlerjimb wrote:

I'm guessing it may have to do with the uncertain future of the Utah track; I expect to hear any day that they are going to waste that beautiful facility and build more McMansions. I can't see how they are able to keep it up to the standard Larry Miller wanted; I imagine it's kind of depressing to go to a place that is going to seed if you remember when it was awesome. By the time the McMansions spread to Inde, I'll be dust. Glad to still have a "nearby" option; for our team to swing two races a year, one had better be in AZ. Our 2015 swing thru CA, UT, and CO races was too much of a good thing.

We did a track day (a.k.a. blow up day) at Miller in July with NASA. The facility is in excellent shape and I'm pretty sure it's future is relatively secure at the moment. NASA Utah did something like 10 rounds there this year. Love that track.

Bert One - 1981 Volvo 262c Bertone | Ernie - 1990 Nissan 240SX

Man, I'd have loved to see Miller back as well. I really hope they work out the ownership issues without handing it over to the dude who wanted to build homes/offices too close to the site. It seems like its temporary stewards were pretty good hands?