Topic: MSR Houston Post race ride to Airports?

Anyone able/willing to provide post-race rides to the airport to allow some drivers to potentially catch a flight Sunday evening?

2 (edited by SpaceFrank 2017-10-15 07:43 PM)

Re: MSR Houston Post race ride to Airports?

If you're flying Southwest, someone on my team can give you a ride. The racecar lives about 2 minutes from Hobby (the closer airport). We'll want to stay for the awards ceremony, though.

Awesome, thanks. I'll let the other team members know.

I'm seeing that it may be best for me to leave out of Austin since the SW flight hops to Austin then takes off to SanDiego. Might be easier to make that flight on time than to get to Hobby to catch a 6:45pm flight, so need to arrive at airport by 5:30-5:45 to check a bag with a helmet in it (I've gotten flack sometimes for trying to bring a helmet on a plane as carryon-- "can be used as a weapon".

Checkered at 4, Awards ceremony is at 4:30 so figure over by 5-5:15 that's cutting it close and I don't want to rush a hospitable team.

The connecting flight in Austin doesn't depart until 10pm meaning I could get there by 8:45-9pm. But it's a 3-ish hour drive, so maybe getting to Austin doesn't buy me but an extra 15-30 min at the track at best.

Hmm.

I guess I'm open to suggestions here.

Hobby is a 40 minute drive from MSR, so we should be able to get you there on time as long as the ceremony lets out by 5. We usually have multiple vehicles, so if necessary someone can probably take off with you while the rest of us finish loading the truck.

As another potential option, you might want to check if anyone else is flying out from Hobby after the race. I know Anton will be at MSR, but I have no idea what his travel plans are.

5 (edited by DirtyDuc 2017-10-24 07:49 PM)

That guy

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I'm getting a ride from DirtyDuc. I made my flight to be leaving from Houston at 5am-ish Monday, so arrival time is less critical and I'll just be crashing in the airport lounge until departure.

Spank wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I'm getting a ride from DirtyDuc. I made my flight to be leaving from Houston at 5am-ish Monday, so arrival time is less critical and I'll just be crashing in the airport lounge until departure.

Little late to the party here,but......I'm flying out Monday morning as well,and I have an el cheapo motel right by the airport......

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)