Topic: Driver Change/ Additional Driver Registration

Hello, Lemons newcomer here. I just got accepted to race Road Atlanta in December. I know all fees are due before the deadline next week. My question is can I add an additional driver after the deadline? I also have a driver who is unsure if he can make it. If he buys a license can the name be changed later or is he SOL?

Thanks,

Four Stripes, Corolla Extra Motorsports
'83 Toyota Corolla #5
Winner, Class C, Yokohama Good Try, Road Atlanta 2018

Re: Driver Change/ Additional Driver Registration

kerosenecowboy wrote:

Hello, Lemons newcomer here. I just got accepted to race Road Atlanta in December. I know all fees are due before the deadline next week. My question is can I add an additional driver after the deadline? I also have a driver who is unsure if he can make it. If he buys a license can the name be changed later or is he SOL?

Thanks,

There is a date when fees are due and then you have some time until they close the database. As long as you have four drivers and are paid up by the due date next week, you can add new drivers up until the database closes. Just don't dawdle on paying the fees when you add the new driver.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

3 (edited by cheseroo 2017-10-18 01:00 PM)

to simplify, there are two important dates you need to be concerned with.  The 1st is the one you have been notified of where your fees need to be paid up and your status says "Ready to Race" (assuming you have 4 drivers set).  The 2nd date is when the roster is locked.  That date is usually 10-14 days before the actual race.  Pay your fees in full now.  Have all your bodies organized 2 weeks before the race.  If you need to add a body beyond what you have already paid, you need to pay the extra driver fees when you add them.  If you miss the 1st date deadline, they can boot your entry.  If you miss the 2nd one, it costs you money.  They made the penalty high enough that there is pain involved so don't miss either deadline.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

License cannot be transferred as far as I know.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

Thanks for the info guys, that answers my questions!

Four Stripes, Corolla Extra Motorsports
'83 Toyota Corolla #5
Winner, Class C, Yokohama Good Try, Road Atlanta 2018