Topic: New to Lemons and high school team

Hi so I am new to Lemons, I've heard great things about it and have always wanted to participate.

Soooo I decided I wanted to grab a group of friends from school and create a sort of club. Im running into a budget issue where I am being told that it can be done for under $3,000 or it will cost me at least $5,000. I will need to get funding through the school and they want a faily accurate number which includes gas, tires, food for the weekend, brakes, extra parts, etc... Not only that but I need help budgeting the time. How long should it take to prepare a car and the drivers?

It would be a big help, Thanks!

Re: New to Lemons and high school team

Welcome

I highly recommend reading this thread, as it is mostly the same topic.

https://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/view … p?id=35618

if you don't find all your answers post up remaining questions for sure.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

3 (edited by Spank 2017-11-01 10:24 AM)

Re: New to Lemons and high school team

Just went through this with a school.

Seems that when you ask for immunity from liability and include THIS LINKED VIDEO in your correspondence with administrators and the club's faculty sponsor, they disavow the club.

I would have sent THIS ARTICLE as a follow up, to make sure they understood what I wanted protection from, but I didn't get to because the video I guess was enough..