Topic: New Team in NW Ohio/SE Mich
I've been interested in getting into racing in Lemons/Chumps/AER/NASA/SCCA/etc.
I'm in the NW Ohio area. Looking for people from the surrounding area that have the time and interest to do 4+ races a year (Autobahn?, Gingerman?, Mid-OH?, Corvette Museum?, ++?)
- Immediate leads and funds for turnkey cars, not looking to have to build it all out. Definitely want to work on it once we have it though.
- Open indoor garage space to store the car/tools/tires/etc
- Myself ..., plus One gent with multi-year Lemon's experiences on multiple teams, and Another gent with a desire to drive and willingness to wrench.
- More like minded people in the area with time and motivation to do laps!! MESSAGE ME on here!!!! Or post and I'll reply.
New to racing on a track, but have owned a variety of vehicles that I've very much explored the handling limits of ... I'm also rather good with a wrench and don't mind getting dirty, as I exclusively serviced/modified the Yamaha and SpecV when I had them.
Have plenty of time, a little extra money to cover myself and my portion of the team expenditures, plus a lot of enthusiasm to get out there and put laps down.
Have owned/tinkered with:
- 1972 Buick Skylark, 2dr hardtop, 350ci engine, 4bbl carbs, dual straight cherry bombs
- 1998 Nissan Sentra SE
- 1999 Yamaha R1
- 2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R SpecV
- 2008 Scion tC
- 2011 Nissan 370Z Nismo