1 (edited by Spank 2017-12-06 01:12 PM)

Topic: Any Lemons Friendly folks in Fort Collings? [CO Springs or Pueblo?]

There's a car in Cañon City that I'm about >this< close to flying out next week that sold last night (damnit) so now I've found a replacement up in Fort Collins to maybe buy and attempt to drive it back to So Cal.

Initial feelers makes me think the seller won't be super might be somewhat helpful. Firstly, I need advice on how to get from the CO Springs airport to seller's place (the seller said he'd pick me up for $100 but really doesn't want to) wherever the car is. I'd be flying Frontier which means I need to wear 3 days of clothes in layers rather than pay an additional $50 for a carry-on and presumably need to bring quarters if I need to use the lavatory in flight and to pump into the arm rest in case of a sudden loss of cabin pressure and I want the oxygen mask to fall from overhead. So I can't bring any tools or spare parts.

If I need a flat driveway and some hand tools to do some work, is there anyone willing to help a man out?  My route would need to get me to the 550 south of Durango to potentially pick up a second car and somehow figure out how to make this first car with no rated towing capacity or commercially available hitch then flat tow the second car that doesn't run. Some Harbor Freight magnetic trailer lights and a towbar would address one part of the necessary equation. The hitch part I'm still a little light on ideas. I'm not above just bolting some flat bar through the trunk spare tire well and welding a universal rv or bumper hitch to it.

Anyone think they would be able to lend a hand either to get the car from Fort Collins area to Denver or Co Springs or host it in CO Springs until I get there Thursday Dec 14th (flight arrives 3:30pmish) ? Or drive it out for me or with me and spend a few days in SoCal? I've got an empty "guest house" right now...

Re: Any Lemons Friendly folks in Fort Collings? [CO Springs or Pueblo?]

https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1387735025l/315233.jpg

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

bought the plane ticket last night...

And the car apparently sold last night.  While the car was exactly what I wanted, the seller was sketchy.

So naturally I've found a replacement car but it's up in Fort Collins / Kersey area. If there's someone who could help get it to Denver / Aurora area, that would be a big help.

I've edited the original post to reflect the change