Topic: Jay Leno and Lemons in the news

Jay Leno spotted in San Francisco driving an upside-down Camaro

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/J … 437807.php

"The sight of a celebrity driving on the hills of San Francisco Sunday afternoon was upstaged only by the spectacle of what was being driven: namely, an orangeish, upside-down 1999 Camaro."

"Jay Leno was in town this weekend shooting an episode of his TV show "Jay Leno's Garage" and taking a tour of the city in the odd-looking Camaro. Riding around with him was Jeff Bloch, a police sergeant in Washington D.C. who built the car."

<click above link for more text and photos>

"Bloch, who goes by the moniker Speedycop, built the car in 2013 over the course of three weeks to take part in a 24 Hours of Lemons race, where cars that cost $500 or less are pitted against each other in a misfit race that thumbs its nose at at the overpowered, high-priced ways of other motor races."

http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/70/12/31/14722638/3/920x920.jpg

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
IOE winner in the Super Snipe -- Buttonwillow 2012
IOE winner in Super Snipe v2.0 -- Buttonwillow 2016
"Every Super Snipe in Lemons has won an IOE!"

2 (edited by MZAVARIN 2017-12-18 07:29 PM)

Re: Jay Leno and Lemons in the news

I-LOVE-IT!!!!

And looks like it is on top of Twin Peaks with NO FOG....Amazing (that there is no fog...that is)

Maybe it is the Class A cars that are subsidizing the race with their numbers, but it is the awesome Class C cars that bring in the publicity, and feed new teams and drivers into our series!!!

We need more C cars...make it cheap for them, I say....

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022

MZAVARIN wrote:

Maybe it is the Class A cars that are subsidizing the race with their numbers, but it is the awesome Class C cars that bring in the publicity, and feed new teams and drivers into our series!!!.

Just imagine if Jay Leno were to enter a Lemons car!

I greatly respect the man because, in one of his videos, he said that :"Super Snipe" is the funniest name ever given to a car.  smile

Somehow, I bet if someone was to invite him for an A&D, he would accept....

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022

stumbled onto this live.  It is normally 35 MPH winds and 38 degrees up there. Saturday is was shirtsleeve weather.

CowDriver wrote:

I greatly respect the man because, in one of his videos, he said that :"Super Snipe" is the funniest name ever given to a car.  smile

He also owns a two-stroke SAAB, so clearly he's a man of impeccable automotive taste and refinement.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

7 (edited by fleming95 2017-12-19 12:06 PM)

Checking the news. . . , fires near Santa Barbara will burn another week, check, UFOs researched by Pentagon, check, "Texas restaurant owner apologizes after Ted Cruz, Trump Jr. visit", "Marin man injured in fall from mule in Hawaii" . . where's the ordinary news gone?

And then the headline reports 'Jay Leno spotted in SF driving an upside-down Camaro' - finally, something normal and sane for a change!

fleming95 wrote:

And then the headline reports 'Jay Leno in upside down Camaro' - finally, something normal and sane for a change!

My wife and I were driving down Hollywood Way in Burbank.   She pointed at a car ahead of us and said, "That car sure is smoking a lot!"
As we got closer we saw that it was just Jay in his Stanley Steamer.   Nothing out of the ordinary here.

Has Jay's head grown larger recently?

#33 Ford Festiva - We Are Not Really From Iran (Retired)
#928 Porsche 928 - West German Pushrodders (Retired)
#3 BMW E36 - The Internet says this is correct

Fishah wrote:

Has Jay's head grown larger recently?

He is actually a HUGE man (not just his chin) and Jeff is not...the juxtaposition is very telling.

*camero