Topic: wrench/future driver looking for a team around Louisville KY

Hello Lemons World,

I live in New Albany, IN. I'm looking for a team in the area to help as a wrench in the short term and eventually work my way into a driver position.

My resume:

-12yrs experience in facilities/industrial maintenance, seven of those as a manager. So I can rig the hell out of something in a hurry and fix it
  right when there's time which seems Lemons appropriate.

-a few months experience as a mechanic for Skip Barber. This was over the winter in Sebring about 7 years ago.

-worked at a drag race chassis shop for about a year. Bent, notched, and welded many tubes, but didn't get to do a full cage by myself.

-was on UofL's FSAE team for a year for back in 02-03. Learned to use a vertical mill and lathe in case that might come in handy.

-worked on many hotrods, drag cars, road racers, POS's, and flat out junk like my daily drivers usually are. Only once in my life have I taken a
vehicle to a mechanic and that was for a front end alignment after i installed a new tie rod/drag link. Couldn't get it close enough with a tape
measure.

-been welding and fabricating since I was 16 and I'm 35 now. I have my own mig and tig machines, plasma cutter and various fab and regular
mechanic tools. i own a legit tube bender with 1 3/4" and 1" dies. All could be at our teams's disposal once we've earned one another's trust.

Nearly all of my daily drivers have been stick shifts. I'm currently single so I can dedicate a fair amount of time when I'm not working or have my daughter.

I've done a few autocrosses but have zero experience as a driver road racing and would like to change that this year.

Holler at me if ya think I could help ya.

Thanks,
Adam

Re: wrench/future driver looking for a team around Louisville KY

Hey Adam!

We need to team up.

I sent you a PM with my cell number.

I got it and will give you a call! :-)