Topic: Thunderhill and Alex's Lemonade Stand - plea for help!

Hey fellow Vodden-ites! If you've been racing at the desert oven known as Thunderhill Raceway Park for any time in the last five years, you've probably seen the lemonade stand located near the judges' table under the canopy, or heard me do PA announcements or give out the "Over/Under 2 Litre" awards at the ending ceremony, or you have collected my event stickers on your hoopties over the years.  I've been privileged to run the ALSF lemonade stand for five years in a row now, and in the process raised over $25,000 (!) to help fund childhood cancer research for cures thanks to you bozos and to Jay Lamm's and David Vodden's help and generosity.

But now I live in Utah, and I simply can't come back to Thunderhill to run the lemonade stand this year. We've secured the Northerm California representative for Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation, Heather Banaszek, to run the lemonade stand all day on Saturday during the race, but I'd love to find someone who can be a contact point for ALSF on the Friday and Sunday of the Vodden-the-hell Thunderhill weekend. This could also be a great opportunity for a daughter or son of a racer who needs a school service opportunity, Scouting merit badge, etc. So long story short, I need help. Give me a call at 802-233-1032 or shoot me an email at skivittlerjimb@yahoo.com. Let's keep the west coast support of Alex's Lemonade Stand going strong. Many thanks.

-Jim B.

Bert One - 1981 Volvo 262c Bertone | Ernie - 1990 Nissan 240SX