Topic: the thunderturds are looking for some help for the great lakes mistake

we are two minnesotans looking for 1 or 2 teammates. Our names are Nick (me) and jakob (him). We like hockey, cheap beer, fishing, classic rock and classic cars. this year we are driving a beautiful (crappy) 1969 thunderbird coupe christened the "Thunderturd". The Turd has a 429 CID, a landau top, and some good rust spots, as its a minnesota car. we are more so looking to have fun, and meet some new people, not necessarily get a ton of points. if you are interested in joining our team, leave a response and i will get back to you as soon as i can. Thuderturds are go!

2 (edited by JosephBlackwell12 2018-02-22 09:29 PM)

Re: the thunderturds are looking for some help for the great lakes mistake

My only qualifications are that I'm from Minnesota and I have seen a picture of a 1969 Thunderbird before.

Last I checked that was good enough, right?

I'm from Wisconsin have done a few competitive go kart races and have my own gear.  Also I'm 18 so hopefully I can be a part a part of the Thunderturds.

I'm an old fart and haven't driven competitively for almost a decade. Have driven Formula Ford, Formula 2000, Formula Atlantic, Formula Mazda, GT1, NASCAR Trucks, etc. Won "The Night Before the Indy 500" on the small Indy oval back in the day. I did a lot of my own setup and wrenching since I usually competed on a shoestring budget. I do some welding, some metal and fiberglass fabrication. Not the best engine mechanic. Mostly, though, I'm just looking for some fun. Easy-going and have nothing to prove. Live near Minneapolis. Would love to chat.