Re: Joliet 2018 Roll Call!

maddrill24 wrote:

Havnt heard anything about headlights?? Its still pretty light out by 6 pm. Do they need to be removed or can we just x them out with tape?? Another question is what do the "pits" consist of?? As in is there power to use?garage? Or generator and tents??

Rules for headlights are very clear in the rules document.

You do not need them, and you do not need to remove them but you can (I wouldn't recommend it). If you keep them, putting an X on them is not enough. You must cover the glass completely with tape.

--

There is no power, and no garage and no tent.

There are showers.

#33 Ford Festiva - We Are Not Really From Iran (Retired)
#928 Porsche 928 - West German Pushrodders (Retired)
#3 BMW E36 - The Internet says this is correct

Although to be clear, (derp) the Intrepid has plastic headlights not glass so really you don’t need to do anything.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

Lenses are covered in the rules.

Sunset is 7:30.

Latter is a lot of asphalt near the timing and lots of grass elsewhere.  If you are not in by about 6 PM Thursday, you are likely in the grass.  No power.  No garages.  Great bathrooms with terrible toilet paper.

Thanks for the info. Bring good TP CHECK!  If im reading this right you cannot get in thw track on thursday unless your a member is this correct? Maybe im missing a whole page of info??

Gates are open to all on Thursday usually around 3 pm depending on other events. The prime spots go first.

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

We will be rolling in around 10pm Thursday night. we will be rolling in 3 deep( 1 32' RV, 1 Full size ford van with 20' camper and 1 truck with car and trailer). we have 6 drivers and 4 crew plus a pit mom. Overzet will be sleeping in on of our Campers.

Team Captain at Rust Belt Racing,IOE Pontiac Aztek with The Pit Crew Revenge,Organizers Choice 1956 Nash Metro With Cheesy beards Racing,IOE 1977 Toyota Celica S/T RBR,.SERVICE BY MANNY, MOE, AND JACK PIT CREW REVENGED AEWOO LEGANZA,Judges Choice Chevy HHR RBR

Guildenstern wrote:

Although to be clear, (derp) the Intrepid has plastic headlights not glass so really you don’t need to do anything.

Is this the case for all plastic head/tail lights?

The rules state:
3.J.9 Glass, Headlights, and Taillights.

All glass windshields or windows must be OE-type automotive laminated or tempered glass.

Driver’s- and passenger’s-side front windows must be removed, or left open behind fully encasing door panels.

Headlights, taillights, and sidemarker lights must be removed or taped over.

The way it is punctuated seems ambiguous - Does 3.J.9 only apply to glass things? Or is it explicitly stating that regardless of construction the head lights tail lights and sidemarker lights need to be removed or taped over?

Bryan

Ive been there on a track day for bikes and regardless of plastic or glass the headlights were taped. Either way its a quick fix

stangman4ever wrote:

We will be rolling in around 10pm Thursday night. we will be rolling in 3 deep( 1 32' RV, 1 Full size ford van with 20' camper and 1 truck with car and trailer). we have 6 drivers and 4 crew plus a pit mom. Overzet will be sleeping in on of our Campers.

Check with the track...they only staff the shack that first night until X o'clock and I always forget what time that is.  I want to say it was 9 PM?

OnkelUdo wrote:
stangman4ever wrote:

Check with the track...they only staff the shack that first night until X o'clock and I always forget what time that is.  I want to say it was 9 PM?

I called the track, he said as long as we were there by 11pm we would be good!

Team Captain at Rust Belt Racing,IOE Pontiac Aztek with The Pit Crew Revenge,Organizers Choice 1956 Nash Metro With Cheesy beards Racing,IOE 1977 Toyota Celica S/T RBR,.SERVICE BY MANNY, MOE, AND JACK PIT CREW REVENGED AEWOO LEGANZA,Judges Choice Chevy HHR RBR

MDG wrote:

We will be there with the rod throwin' MR2, looking forward to not 98 degree weather and not snow.

We got tired of always having dry weather tires when it rains and snows, and going down 1 full lap against Team Sheen in just an hour. To avoid this, we will be on Douglas Xtra-Trac all seasons. We will dominate. We had to go all the way to Nebraska to find the tires, apparently they're discontinued sad

MDG wrote:
MDG wrote:

We will be there with the rod throwin' MR2, looking forward to not 98 degree weather and not snow.

We got tired of always having dry weather tires when it rains and snows, and going down 1 full lap against Team Sheen in just an hour. To avoid this, we will be on Douglas Xtra-Trac all seasons. We will dominate. We had to go all the way to Nebraska to find the tires, apparently they're discontinued sad

We won our second IoE on them...we hope to turn them into smoke and noise at some point this race weekend (not on the track) but looking for the appropriate location.

I’m just not a very creative person. Does anyone have any good ideas to bribe the judges with?

Bob Johnson

racer49 wrote:

I’m just not a very creative person. Does anyone have any good ideas to bribe the judges with?

Bob Johnson

The most uncreative bribe would be booze.

I suggest a loaf of sliced white bread.  Goes well with Spaghettio's

COM ( Chief Operating Moron ) of Burnt Rubber Soul Racing
Current fleet: 95 Ford Probe, 81 Mazda 626.  Past: 81 Imperial
Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/burntrubbersoulracing

racer49 wrote:

Bob Johnson

Well, consider they will be getting a ton of booze, so Pepto? Team T-Shirts, Local to you anything funny (Restaurant with a goofy name, weird local sports mascot), things they can play with when they're bored.

And as always, a good theme they can use for article write ups, or video, always makes it easy for them to not bother trying too hard looking at your BS folder.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

racer49 wrote:

Bob Johnson

Make it theme related...does not have to be good, just less than pedestrian.  Oh, and Rood wants fancy wheels for his a-body...something 90's and flashy.

maddrill24 wrote:

Havnt heard anything about headlights?? Its still pretty light out by 6 pm. Do they need to be removed or can we just x them out with tape?? Another question is what do the "pits" consist of?? As in is there power to use?garage? Or generator and tents??

You won't need headlights. Sometimes the significantly fast(er) A-class cars will use headlights in the rain to let people know they're coming, but  95% of the field will ignore them anyway.  You CAN remove them, but clear packing tape over the lenses will be fine for tech.

Some of the pits are over tarmac, but most are over grass. There is no power on site, so bring a generator and be prepared to listen to your neighbor's all night long.

There are no garages for rent.

The Pentastar whisperer

Thanks for the bribe ideas. I have a few now.

Just was informed we will have a tire machine at the track to swap tires. We'll take shots beer cash gas or something of little to no value for a tire swap

70 (edited by rlchv70 2018-04-05 06:51 PM)

maddrill24 wrote:

Just was informed we will have a tire machine at the track to swap tires. We'll take shots beer cash gas or something of little to no value for a tire swap

Don't bother. Yokohama is supposed to be there.

https://i.imgur.com/Hm1sJFe.jpg

Useful? Not Useful?

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Useful.

FYI, for those involved in the Potluck my plan was to organize it around the Penalty box area since we have electricity, water, toilets but man that is hike for a lot of people.  Second thought is the "Super Happy Fun Club" folks are trying to secure about 7 paddock spaces in the same basic area of the two C's in that three C area...closest to the penalty box..  Thoughts?

Weird request, but here goes....
One of the rookie drivers on our team is probably going to be too big for our racing seat.   I'm going to see if I can scrounge up a spare one that we can install on Friday but I don't know if I will be able to get my hands on a bigger seat.   If he doesn't fit, are there any other teams that have a big enough seat for a big guy (280-300lbs) that would be willing to trade a session in their car for a session in our Acura?   Or would be willing to sell a seat?   I hate to have him come to the track and not be able to get any track time, so I'm looking for ideas.

Thanks!

Matt
Dropped Packets Racing

bumkus wrote:

One of the rookie drivers on our team is probably going to be too big for our racing seat.   I'm going to see if I can scrounge up a spare one that we can install on Friday but I don't know if I will be able to get my hands on a bigger seat.   If he doesn't fit, are there any other teams that have a big enough seat for a big guy (280-300lbs) that would be willing to trade a session in their car for a session in our Acura?   Or would be willing to sell a seat?   I hate to have him come to the track and not be able to get any track time, so I'm looking for ideas.

Thanks!

Matt
Dropped Packets Racing

I’m bringing a passenger seat for Friday, it’s a 16 or 17 inch Kirkey. Welcome to try it out Friday and it it works use it.
Car 85 Blue Celica.

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

Brett85p wrote:
bumkus wrote:

Thanks!

Matt
Dropped Packets Racing

I’m bringing a passenger seat for Friday, it’s a 16 or 17 inch Kirkey. Welcome to try it out Friday and it it works use it.
Car 85 Blue Celica.

Awesome!   Thanks!