Topic: Any car owners only?

I am just curious if there are any other people like myself that own the car and run the team, but don't always drive, or ever drive.

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

Re: Any car owners only?

I own and manage our team.
I only drive the “racecar” to test and diagnose potential problems with it. I’ve never really wanted to be a driver for the team.
I have been starting to get safety equipment for myself at swap meets. Maybe someday I will race the car if we are having mechanical troubles or something. I enjoy hanging around the trailer and dumping gas in the car every 2 hours.

Bob Johnson

I drive about 2/3'rds of the time.  If I am bored with the track or car I just do the double role of Team Mom and Benevolent Dictator/Team.Captain.  Lemons for me is first the community (only vacations I take), second the build, third the challenge of keeping it going and last the thrill of driving.

I was an owner, and now I just drive. I still can not resist the urge to boss over the operation, but I now do it slightly less, maybe. After we retire the Mercedes, I will probably be an owner again, mostly because I can't stop perusing CL for weird stuff that might be horrible/magnificent.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

rmcdaniels wrote:

I will probably be an owner again, mostly because I can't stop perusing CL for weird stuff that might be horrible/magnificent.

The IoE bug is a real thing.  I have a horrible Volga in my driveway right now as a result.

Will you race it? Jay won't let me race my Trabant, some nonsense about cars made out of cotton and industrial waste being too fragile , but Lemons should have some kind of Communist Cup award. I've been looking for a Dacia 1300, but they didn't send them here. Maybe I can find a Renault 12 and re-badge it.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

rmcdaniels wrote:

Will you race it? Jay won't let me race my Trabant, some nonsense about cars made out of cotton and industrial waste being too fragile , but Lemons should have some kind of Communist Cup award. I've been looking for a Dacia 1300, but they didn't send them here. Maybe I can find a Renault 12 and re-badge it.

In some form or another it will race.  It is very rusty and I have not had time to assess structural issues but if the suspension mounting points are good, want to race it as a Volga.  If to far gone, rebody another car with Volga glory.  In theory they are very stout cars just this one is rough.