1 (edited by therood 2018-03-20 03:11 PM)

Topic: Hella Sweet Lemons Cars of the Week

http://www.roadkill.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/HSCOTW_Honda_N600s_026.jpg

Figured here is a pretty good place to archive the HSLCOTW posts from Roadkill. Phil and I will add new responses as we add cars to the HSLCOTW archives.

Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais W41

LemonAid Racing's BMW-Powered Geo Metro

Pink Panzer Mercedes

Black Flags' Toyota Supra Mk.II

Two swapped Honda 600s

Doobby's Taxiola Dodge Neon

Duct Tape to Manifold Acura Integra

Flaming A-Holes' Sunbeam Imp

Placebo Racing Merkur XR4Ti

Yellow Submarine/Clueless Racing Honda CRX

EASY 908/14 Porsche 914

Binford Tools Racing Chevy Beretta

The Turtle Eclipse of the Heart!

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Re: Hella Sweet Lemons Cars of the Week

One of these days, Eric, you're gonna break down and write one of these about Scrubby and/or the BlitzWagen (not to mention Ferdinand). I'm probably a little bit biased, but, like, so?

wink

RetroRacing-1973 Super! Beetle
Nine Finger Drifters- 1982 te72 Toyota Corolla Wagon (BEAMS PWRD!)
My one man show: G. D. Yo-Man: No! YOU Ams Da A&&hole!
2010 CMP Fall-Judges' Choice, 2014 Barber-DFL and I Got Screwed!, 3X- You Talk Shit Better Than You Race (YTSBTYR) Award, 2017 NCM- IOE (thanks, Speedy!), 2018 Inde-Heroic Fix, 2019 Inde-Winner C Class

Lemons has had an awful lot of terrible Beetles...

Eric Rood
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

(sigh)

RetroRacing-1973 Super! Beetle
Nine Finger Drifters- 1982 te72 Toyota Corolla Wagon (BEAMS PWRD!)
My one man show: G. D. Yo-Man: No! YOU Ams Da A&&hole!
2010 CMP Fall-Judges' Choice, 2014 Barber-DFL and I Got Screwed!, 3X- You Talk Shit Better Than You Race (YTSBTYR) Award, 2017 NCM- IOE (thanks, Speedy!), 2018 Inde-Heroic Fix, 2019 Inde-Winner C Class

No British Leyland in this list?

Team whatever_racecar #745 Volvo wagon

rb92673 wrote:

No British Leyland in this list?

There will be many more lists. These are just a half-dozen I thought of for one post.

The linked posts in the bottom do have more British stuff, but we'd love to see an Austin Princess or a Morris Minor, of course.

Eric Rood
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

therood wrote:

...we'd love to see an Austin Princess...

Here in Washington I had a line on an ADO71 Princess, the "not an Austin except in New Zealand" iteration of the name, but it was not to be. I remain hopeful that it will resurface.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

mharrell wrote:
therood wrote:

...we'd love to see an Austin Princess...

Here in Washington I had a line on an ADO71 Princess, the "not an Austin except in New Zealand" iteration of the name, but it was not to be. I remain hopeful that it will resurface.

Anything on Mike Harrell's property should be on the 'We'd love to see in Lemons" list.

Team whatever_racecar #745 Volvo wagon

A few Austin Princesses have come up.  They are almost always on CL as Rolls Royce because that's what's stamped on the engine.  There's a couple of stumbling blocks to the Princess.  1. People think they are worth Rolls Royce money.  2.  I have this reluctance to race something weighing 4000lbs with prewar braking tech.  Speaking of glacially slow, a few Morris Minors have also popped up on the radar.  At some point though you have to stop collecting and start building.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

http://www.roadkill.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/HSLCOTW_Chevy_Beretta-16.jpg

New one this week: Chevy Beretta with a blower!

Eric Rood
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

http://www.roadkill.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/HSLCOTW_Turtle_Eclipse_Of_The_Heart4.jpg

New one: Turtle Eclipse of the Heart.

Eric Rood
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

this list needs more parsh