Topic: Autobahn Potluck

Despite the layout and lack of shore power being a detriment to organizing a potluck at Joliet...they have been so much fun at Gingerman and NCM I am going to give it a try.

Unlike the last three or four attempts I am not going to do the google spreadsheet because participation is dismal.  So lets be less rigid and hopefully just as organized.  Post here what you plan to bring and I will tie it up in a bow along with the submissions from facepage about 4 days before the race urging folks to fill the gaps.

Hope is to organize around the the timing tower for the (small) collection of power outlets and to fence the judges in.  Like the past races, goal is to start serving Friday an hour after track goes cold and from past experience this means 70% of the food is gone in about 35 minutes.

Do not think you need to like cook things.  Popular sides include coleslaw, pasta salad, potato salad, etc from a friggin' Walmart deli.  Depending on weather.. Steve McDaniels portable freezer of ice cream sandwiches was a hit.

No matter what if folks shoot at feeding 20-30 soles (sic) we tend to have enough food for about 300 folks...yeah almost like Jebus and the 7-loaves and two fishes.

I will start Bad Decisions:

4-Cheese mac and cheese with smoked sausage
about 15 gallons of homebrew

Re: Autobahn Potluck

Apocalyptic Racing: Tasty Balls of meat and I can claim Nick as he is signed up with me so many lb. of tasty BBQ something.

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

Dazed and Confused will be bringing 24 Brats and buns.

Bob Johnson

I was thinking of making a big pot of Spaghettio's, but that's been played out.

We were gonna do chili dogs, but with the above 24 brats, are chili dogs a good idea?

COM ( Chief Operating Moron ) of Burnt Rubber Soul Racing
Current fleet: 95 Ford Probe, 81 Mazda 626.  Past: 81 Imperial
Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/burntrubbersoulracing

majo wrote:

I was thinking of making a big pot of Spaghettio's, but that's been played out.

We were gonna do chili dogs, but with the above 24 brats, are chili dogs a good idea?

Lemons runs on meat and beer...besides, I try to convince all the folks that don't know ahead of time to run to Walmart for sides.

T.u.R.D. will bring another 30 Brats, 6 different of the 200+ flavors From M&M market, pretty fancy stuff. and buns. also will bring a few bags of chips.

Team Captain at Rust Belt Racing,IOE Pontiac Aztek with The Pit Crew Revenge,Organizers Choice 1956 Nash Metro With Cheesy beards Racing,IOE 1977 Toyota Celica S/T RBR,.SERVICE BY MANNY, MOE, AND JACK PIT CREW REVENGED AEWOO LEGANZA,Judges Choice Chevy HHR RBR

First bump...expect more

Beer and Jellybeans will be bringing a bunch of bbq pulled pork and cookies.

OK, we've decided to class the joint up with a wine and cheese table.

It is a country club, after all.

We'll bring some mac salad and chips for the regular folk too.

COM ( Chief Operating Moron ) of Burnt Rubber Soul Racing
Current fleet: 95 Ford Probe, 81 Mazda 626.  Past: 81 Imperial
Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/burntrubbersoulracing

I still have 3 bottles of Thunderbird I can send with ya if you want to really swank the place up!

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

OK, final tally from all three locations:

Brats...and lots of them
Chips and Queso
At least three different version of smoke meats/BBQ
15# of mac and cheese with smoked sausage
Probably humus
Chz and Whine table
Some familiar looking booze and snacks that even the corner workers don't want
Sloppy Joes and handjobs by Derek

As we can all see, sides, deserts and offers of plates, utensils etc are on the low end while we are strong as bull on dead animal products.

We will be bringing some pasta salad in a largish container. You know the stuff, cheese, salami, Italian dressing.....

OnkelUdo wrote:

OK, final tally from all three locations:

Brats...and lots of them
Chips and Queso
At least three different version of smoke meats/BBQ
15# of mac and cheese with smoked sausage
Probably humus
Chz and Whine table
Some familiar looking booze and snacks that even the corner workers don't want
Sloppy Joes and handjobs by Derek

As we can all see, sides, deserts and offers of plates, utensils etc are on the low end while we are strong as bull on dead animal products.

We will be bringing a platter of butterscotch chip cookies too!

Bryan

And location change.  Since it looks like rain, Judge Eric hooked us up with our new corporate overlords, Yokohama, and the serving will be under the awning at the tire changing truck...if you can't find it, we don't need you there.  Start time 6'ish.