1 (edited by ProsperPerformance 2018-04-10 08:55 AM)

Topic: Ratsun Racing & The WTF40

Finally got home after a VERY long road trip back from NOLA, and just wanted to say TO EVERYONE - THANK YOU!!!

My team and I were completely overwhelmed and humbled that the WTF40 won the IOE... We were not expecting IOE  (maybe herioc fix after we broke both steering knuckles and had to fabricate news ones using the broken pieces and some spare roll cage tubing.)

That being said, we could not have asked for a better finale to a fantastic weekend of racing!

I contacted Jay & Phil when I originally found the F40 on Craigslist in June 2016. It was literally sitting on blocks under a guy's backyard patio.  Video from the day we picked up the F40 - https://youtu.be/COQWE0AMpLs

I made them a promise nearly 2 years ago (2 years!!!)  that we would have the F40 at a Lemons race as soon as we could. Well, like many of you, sometimes life gets in the way,.. but after 2 years we finally made it happen.

We knew the F40 would get a lot of attention at it's first race. We knew we'd have our share our fans & we knew we'd have our share of haters.   

Honestly, I built the F40 for everyone! I built the F40 for everyone racing in Lemons. I built the F40 for everyone who is following Lemons. I built the F40 for the same reasons why Spank & Speedycop build what they build. I built the F40 to show everyone that you can go out into the world, and find that crazy, weird, most clapped out thing ever. That project car being neglected under some guys backyard patio, or that busted classic rotting away in a field somewhere. That you can bring that car home,... put your heart and soul into it,.. bring it back to life,... then take it to a race track,... and make people smile!

I hope we made the majority of you smile this weekend!

Awards or No Awards... We are here to support Lemons and we'll be back!

See you all in Houston this November

~AW

Allen Wilson - Ratsun Racing - Gator-O-Rama 2012 = Flock of Seagulls - North Dallas Hooptie 2013 = We Got Screwed - North Dallas Hooptie 2014 = 450SLC Winner IOE - Gator-O-Rama 2015 =  I Got Screwed  - North Dallas Hooptie 2016 = Ratsun Winner IOE - MSR Houston 2017 = Winner Class C - NOLA 2018 = WTF40 - Winner IOE

Re: Ratsun Racing & The WTF40

One of life's great lessons, you can't please everyone. And the jealous will lash out.

Post up some pictures from the build now that it's in the open. As someone who could only applaud from afar, I need to see more of this thing. It's truly awesome.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H7IUbwFG40

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/CcCOSWPEI89Z0imh1

TheEngineer wrote:

One of life's great lessons, you can't please everyone. And the jealous will lash out.

Post up some pictures from the build now that it's in the open. As someone who could only applaud from afar, I need to see more of this thing. It's truly awesome.

You can find tons of pictures (of the entire F40 build process) on our Ratsun Racing Facebook page:

Here is a link to the F40 album - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set … e57a8d11eb

I'll be adding more photos to the album very soon.

Enjoy!

~AW

Allen Wilson - Ratsun Racing - Gator-O-Rama 2012 = Flock of Seagulls - North Dallas Hooptie 2013 = We Got Screwed - North Dallas Hooptie 2014 = 450SLC Winner IOE - Gator-O-Rama 2015 =  I Got Screwed  - North Dallas Hooptie 2016 = Ratsun Winner IOE - MSR Houston 2017 = Winner Class C - NOLA 2018 = WTF40 - Winner IOE

Enjoyed seeing the car out there last weekend. Really wanted to make troll posts about it costing $500, then realized people would take it seriously.

Great seeing it out there, made me sad seeing it parked on turn 13.  It was awesome that you were able to get it back on the track, and that the team was in such high spirits.  Looking foreword to MSR.
The Gremlin

Awesome race car. Cant wait to see it at MSR.

Team Safety 3rd Racing.
1985 Dodge Daytona Turbo-currently being lemonized.
https://www.facebook.com/TeamSafety3rdRacing/

We kinda had our hands full when the track was cold, but I really regret not going over to get a good look at that car. I fully support this insanity and also hope to see it again at MSR.

Great article by fellow Lemons racer Stef Schrader regarding our WTF40 build.

Enjoy!

https://jalopnik.com/this-crusty-fiero- … 1825418002

I thought 'kit cars' were not allowed in Lemons.   Exception?

Kit cars are not allowed, but this is just a Fiero with crap bolted to it. A kit car would be something like a Lotus 7 or a Factory 5 Cobra. Something that didn't come with a factory VIN.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

The F40 is AWESOME!!!

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z