Topic: What is average for an arrive and drive to pay to race?

I am sure this has been answered but the search bar isnt turning up anything helpful. I have a team and we occasionally need drivers. I am thinking of offering spots but have no idea what the average guy pays to drive. I know that for regular guys on the team the average race costs come to 600-800 for a weekend after tires, breaks, fuel, and fees are paid. I assume an arrive and drive would pay more. Are people paying a grand to have a seat for a weekend?

Re: What is average for an arrive and drive to pay to race?

I typically just charge the same as everyone else if they know someone on the team.  If not I might charge an extra $50 as the potential PITA fee for one race.   $600-$800 is in the typical range depending on the car/team.  A class rental cars can be considerably more while some teams are just looking for someone to help with fees and could be as low as $400.

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, 93 NX2000, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive, 2017 Thompson I Got Screwed

Totally depends on the car, the track, the team, etc.

I've seen seats sell for as little as $500, and as much as $1300.

Big V8 cars are expensive to run and maintain. I charge roughly $1k per weekend and I certainly don't make money. That's for a very fast A-Class car, with big brakes, fancy cage/seat and fire suppression.

On my old Festiva I think I charged $750.

#928 Porsche 928 - West German Pushrodders

Home track we charge about $650-800 depending on what car and how much in consumables that track kills...both our local tracks are pretty easy on tires.

Destination race, the same PLUS the extra fuel costs for the RV and tow pig.  No, I do not care if you are local, it costs the team owners 300 extra gallons of fuel round trip for this so everyone that drives pays X more for the privilege. Don't like it, build your own car and bring that.  Honestly, no one has made that argument yet but you know it is going to happen eventually.

Thanks guys! That is what i needed. We run a pretty quick Taurus SHO. I think i am in the ballpark then.

Are those numbers including the entry costs or in addition to them?

rb92673 wrote:

Are those numbers including the entry costs or in addition to them?

Including.

#928 Porsche 928 - West German Pushrodders

Lemons has upped prices last few years for drivers and car entries so the arrive and drive prices have been going up.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page