1 (edited by arbuckle.luke 2018-05-14 02:52 PM)

Topic: Can hard plastic be used for a roof?

We just finished our first ever Lemons with our rainbow turd unicorn Miata at Real Hoopties of New Jersey and had an absolute blast. We had a hood from a mid 2000s SS Camaro bolted to the top of our car for a roof but the thing weighs almost as much as your mom. We’ll be trimming some fat from the car and weight savings will start with that. Question is will any type of plastic pass tech as a roof? I’m thinking like a cut up trash can or something would do nicely, I just want to make sure it would get through tech.

Re: Can hard plastic be used for a roof?

Get yourself to Autozone,buy a cheap ass oil drip pan,cut it up and rivet it in place........

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

BigBird wrote:

Get yourself to Autozone,buy a cheap ass oil drip pan,cut it up and rivet it in place........

I dig it!!!

arbuckle.luke wrote:
BigBird wrote:

I dig it!!!

I'm just here to help... big_smile

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

And arm restraints are not the devil.  Adds 1 second to belting in and no driver ever noticed them on track.  We also never had windshield fogging issues with our open top....just saying.

Yep; we have a 2'x3' (I think...) sheet of ABS for a roof and we've had zero problems in tech.  Makes it easier to egress when you have all the cage for a handhold.

Perennial Losers
Mazda 787b aka '75 914 - Org Choice @ The Ridge, 2015; IGS @ TH, 2018
BMW M1 Procar aka '80 RX-7 (retired) - Zero awards sad