Topic: Any video or details on the BertOne crash/injury at NJMP this weekend?

Hey everyone,

I was in the yellow Vermont Bert One Volvo at about 1:30 on Sunday when it seems like the tie rod of the blue Vault Tec E30 let go, causing them to turn into me at 90 mph on the front straight near the braking zone.

I now have a butt turribly broken wrist and am getting a plate put in next week.

We have in-car video, but I'm wondering if anyone has video from a car behind us or knows anyone who does?

We'd also heard that there might have been a fuel cell that fell out of a car around the same time/place, so we're looking for any other details we can find.

Thanks!
- Dan

Re: Any video or details on the BertOne crash/injury at NJMP this weekend?

sad

Sorry you got hurt, but it could've been a lot worse.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

indeed! Necksgen probably saved me from paralysis.

Dan, you have to wait until next week?  That sucks.  I guess your plans for this weekend are shot, huh?  Hope you're better soon.

Steve

Three Pedal Mafia

Jack of all trades (???) Lemons staff

5 (edited by gtopat 2018-05-15 12:28 PM)

I was standing up above pit lane during the incident. Saw you go through the cones and into the inner armco just shy of turn 1. I believe it was related to the incident with the red #316 Ford Ranger. They threw the driveshaft, which ripped the tailshaft off the transmission and punched a hole in the fuel tank, dumping fuel & ATF throughout & beyond turn 1.

Interceptor Motorsports
351w Foxy T-Bird - Class B Winner!, 440 Bluesmobile - Judges Choice, Org Choice & IOE!, Camero, Fuego Turbo - Heroic Fix & IOE!

Really sorry to hear about that Dan...you guys have turned so many clean and fast laps over the years. Wishing you a speedy and 100% recovery.
Scott

#9 Audi CQ Scooby Doo Car known as the Mystery Machine, #44 Audi 4KQ painted as a tribute car to the 1989 IMSA  car driven by Haywood, Stuck, and Rohrl, and the #95 Audi TT Lightning McQueen.

This one?   https://www.facebook.com/tom.lomino/vid … 260253839/

2010, 26th @ CMP, 2011, 10th & 5th at CMP, 2012? (MIA), 2013 Spring CMP, 53rd, 2013 Fall CMP 44th, 2014 Barber 14th, 2014 CMP 46th, 2015 CMP 57th, 2015 CMP 80th, 2016 CMP 16th, 3rd in B class, Winner Judges choice, and First car under 2.0 liter Alex's lemon aide stand winner. 2017 WRL, Road Atlanta 43rd, 2017 NCM 9th O/A , 1st in B class, 2018 CMP 13th O/A 3rd in Class B

Any link for non facebookers?

NJMP '11--#132 (Speedycop), NJMP '12 to '16--#215 (Philthy Motorsports), NJMP '16--#75 Most Heroic Fix, NJMP '17--#75 (still drying out), NJMP '18--#75, NHMS '18 - #75 Datsun 510

no, that was on Day 1. Bert's accident was mid day Day 2.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

Klayfish wrote:

Dan, you have to wait until next week?  That sucks.  I guess your plans for this weekend are shot, huh?  Hope you're better soon.

Steve

He is gonna need to play the stranger for a while.

hehe glad you're ok Dan.

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

Klayfish wrote:

Steve

usually a temporary cast is placed initially till the swelling comes down, for about a week, and then (+/- surgery), a long term cast is placed...so that the cast remains snug....

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022

I was in the pit next to the Vault Tec E30 and they did have a broken tie rod. They were not really sure what happened and didn't notice the broken tie rod until they tried to push the car back into the garage. They were not sure if they hit something on track then it broke in the wreck or before. Sorry that's all the info I have.

Nuthin' but a Z Thang -  1976 Datsun 280Z