Topic: "Paddock Sold Out" and other lies the internet tells me.

So the Schedule page for the Gingerman race says regarding electrical hookups: "Paddock Sold Out"
My much more Camper-ey team mate called them today and got a Paddock spot.

Why U Lie Internets?

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

Re: "Paddock Sold Out" and other lies the internet tells me.

Is it in the woods or in the paddock?  Maybe they make a distinction?

Even since the anniversary race, the have been selling out months in advance.  Add to that the 4th of July week and you have a perfect storm.

Paddock, middle of the power area south of the tower.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

My guess is someone reserved a spot earlier in the year only to drop out later?

Fourteen time loser. You'd think I'd know better by now.

Booze is a good tool...

Team BAD Company Endurance
Acura RSX #0
4 times losers, and counting...
"I got screwed" winners? 2018 Cure for Gingervitis, 5th on laps overall 2018 Elite meet to Cheat

I reserved a spot there a few weeks ago.  When I did they said they do not assign spots in advance.  They said I would find out which one when I arrived.  Seemed odd, did everyone else get a similar story or are they picking on the out of town guy?

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, 93 NX2000, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive, 2017 Thompson I Got Screwed, 2019 Pitt Heroic Fix

meyers0150 wrote:

I reserved a spot there a few weeks ago.  When I did they said they do not assign spots in advance.  They said I would find out which one when I arrived.  Seemed odd, did everyone else get a similar story or are they picking on the out of town guy?

We don't but...we are tight with the wonderful lady that does the booking and her daughter is in love with my dog.  Plus we reserve 2-4 spaces as a block.

It honestly does not matter much with the layout there...the only thing that matters is if you end up in the woods but THAT they warn you about.